Look what I just got... an exotic version

disturbman

A thought, maybe it's because there is no photo to be seen.

I created this thread with people like you in mind, that come here, discuss but don't have a space to show off their non-JR rolling-stock.

Claude_Dreyfus

Okay, I'll add my latest UK addition.

For years I have been after a UK third-rail EMU, but by the time one was finally produced I was no longer modelling UK outline! Not to worry though, I decided to slacken, and bought myself a Bachmann class 411 4-CEP unit for Christmas.

IMG_6529.jpg

• Like 1

I created this thread with people like you in mind, that come here, discuss but don't have a space to show off their non-JR rolling-stock.

:grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin  WHOOPS!  I feel silly! 

Okay, I'll bite!  Here's my non-Japanese haul from Christmas!  :grin

I'm amazed at what "Bachmann" produces these days (given my childhood memories of their quality), excellent EMU under their Lilliput brand:

6746588033_9a96b9eba3.jpg

Lilliput FLIRT N Scale by quinntopia, on Flickr

And an older model from Arnold (but not too old), really like the old style of windows with the rounded ends on these older French electric locomotives!

6746586919_345926bfb5.jpg

Arnold BB 25201 SNCF by quinntopia, on Flickr

• Like 1

I'm amazed at what "Bachmann" produces these days (given my childhood memories of their quality), excellent EMU under their Lilliput brand:

What is it like? I'm waiting for the Westfalenbahn version.

cool model.  where did you get it?  I couldn't find it at any of my online haunts.

I've had it on order with Modellbahn Kramm for almost a year and half!  I think most places are now sold out of this version as they apparently went quite quickly.

Not sure what they have in stock, but some other versions at TEE-USA

http://www.tee-usa.com/store/liliput-n-scale.html

Looks like the same offerings at Modellbahnshop Lippe:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/gattungliste/Electric+Railcars/6-2-007002-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-gatt-gb-p-0/gattungliste.html

What is it like? I'm waiting for the Westfalenbahn version.

Awesome!  Smooth running, good running (so far...I had a bit of an issue with some curves and turnouts in my yead, but I have issues with that trackage anyway) and lots of 'extras' (lights in cars, red/white switchover, etc...).  

Tis a very nice looker! Sure it ain't cheap though... But with the yen the way it is might not be so bad...

Jeff

I think my pre-order price was around 170 to 180 Euros, and they are now listed for between 185 and 205 Euros?  Something like that.  Actually not too bad when you add up the extras and the comparable price to anything else European!

The brilliant thing about this set from Bachmann / Lilliput is that there are a lot of prototypes in a lot of interesting liveries!  It could keep me busy for many years with all of the cool color schemes these come in!  This is one of my favorites:

https://www.google.com/search?q=S%C3%BCdtirol+Bahn&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=nDa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=Nw4dT4SmBs3ciQLCku2XBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1560&bih=1060

I'll be posting a review of this shortly on my blog to go into more detail.

For years I have been after a UK third-rail EMU, but by the time one was finally produced I was no longer modelling UK outline! Not to worry though, I decided to slacken, and bought myself a Bachmann class 411 4-CEP unit for Christmas.

IMG_6529.jpg

ngaugeforum has been a bad influence on you CD, I may have to ban you for your own sanity  :cheesy

Claude_Dreyfus

IMG_6529.jpg

ngaugeforum has been a bad influence on you CD, I may have to ban you for your own sanity  :cheesy

It does seem to be giving me a bit of a crisis of identity. I will have to take steps to remedy the situation by spending my Paypal savings on something nice and Japanese...

I think my pre-order price was around 170 to 180 Euros, and they are now listed for between 185 and 205 Euros?  Something like that.  Actually not too bad when you add up the extras and the comparable price to anything else European!

The brilliant thing about this set from Bachmann / Lilliput is that there are a lot of prototypes in a lot of interesting liveries!  It could keep me busy for many years with all of the cool color schemes these come in!  This is one of my favorites:

https://www.google.com/search?q=S%C3%BCdtirol+Bahn&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=nDa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=Nw4dT4SmBs3ciQLCku2XBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1560&bih=1060

I'll be posting a review of this shortly on my blog to go into more detail.

quite reasonable on the price! that was one thing i could use to keep from succumbing to the temptation from moving into other cool looking trains of the world! must keep cc in wallet, must keep cc in wallet...

cheers

jeff

Spaceman Spiff

My RRX is coming across the Atlantic as we speak :-). Found it at eBay.es or eurotren.net. 

Quinntopia stumbled onto your blog on it and it convinced me to get it.  Even though my wife won't thank you I will. Great video on your flirt.

Claude, where did you get your 411, I would like to get one of them also.

Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Looks like I found a couple of dealers for the 411. Just debating if it's worth spending the cash for a weathered set or not?

Spiff

Claude_Dreyfus

The 411 has a good reputation as a runner, and is DCC friendly - although I don't run mine as such. The couplings are a little wide - although closer couplings are supplied which can lock up on tighter curves.

The biggest criticism seems to be that the white and red route indicator blinds at either end don't change colour when the unit changes direction. 99.9% of us can live with this, so in a way that gives an indication of the quality of the model.  :laugh:

Quick historical footnote. These units carried this livery from the 1970s until mid-1980s. The blue/grey unit portrayed by Bachmann/Farish would have operated throughout this time-period, until refurbishment in the early to mid 80s, which saw a redesign of the carriage windows - amongst other things.

All over green livery was carried from 1959 until about 1966, green with yellow warning panel from about 1964 until about 1970.

They operated in the south and south east of the UK covering London, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey and Dorset.

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting a weathered from "The Model Center". Is it currently on its way to the colonies :)

Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Well my CEP is in, the Flirt who knows where it is as I still don't have it and it was shipped before the CEP. Its a weathered version.

Not exactly prototypical with Japanese, British, Continental Europe and North Am rail but here is a pic lol.

Spiff

post-425-13569930909069_thumb.jpg

post-425-13569930911383_thumb.jpg

nice mix there.

Maybe you can add to your layout with a massive 3m long bridge over water to a new continent  :grin

probably break a record with a bridge that long too!