Cisalpino AG 610ETR

Guest Closed Account 1

simply doesn't exist  :grin

ACME has never produced this and the other ETR600/610 planned some years ago, all the project was erased because no more pre-orders has been received from resellers/distributors (they will produced only if is all sold)

Unfortunatelly in Switzerland this train don't like to much (like the real train service Cisalpino renamed Cessoalpino now ended)

ciao

Massimo

Its a bummer as I'd like to have these funky looking trains as well. Oh well....isn't Kato making that new Renfe high speed train that has the wild front end on it?

??? The Thalys PBKA don't have the same fronts as any RENFE high speed rolling-stock.

Edit: found the thread. It's from 2010 and, as far as I can see the "Pato" (the duck) has still not been produced so far.

??? The Thalys PBKA don't have the same fronts as any RENFE high speed rolling-stock.

Edit: found the thread. It's from 2010 and, as far as I can see the "Pato" (the duck) has still not been produced so far.

AVE101 is based on TGV Atlantique/Reseau with a more rounded nose, only one loco has been changed because it was destroyed and scrapped after one accident. In the meantime the old Atlantique version was out of production so Alsthom has built a new Duplex loco for Renfe (the same type loco towing Duplex, PBKA, POS)

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=197288

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=227493

about "Pato" I know only bad news, annunced some years ago (6 or 7) from Spain Kato wholesaler Soldat SL (project aborted), after again from Soldat SL but produced from Startrain (a Soldat owned company), all aborted the past year after Soldat SL bankrupcy, re-announced now from New Soldat but nobody know if that's the good time... we wait....

Ciao

Massimo

Massimo, thanks for the news on Soldat...I knew they might have some toubles but wasn't sure (almost impossible to get this kind of news!).  Star Train did some really nice stuff, so I hope they make it!  I really like the PATO...what funny looking front, yet cool in a weird way.