Micro Ace Doraemon Train: Pictures and Questions

Martijn Meerts

Martijn Meerts

I've had this train for quite a while now, but only just managed to take some decent pictures of it that show all the detail. I'm working on taking pictures of all my rolling stock in this manner, I've got my mini-studio set up for it now ;)

Anyway, the small version:

doraemon.jpg

A big version, that shows all the little details of the very nicely done paint job, can be found at http://www.jr-chiisai.net/_div/trains_temp/doraemon_big.jpg (The image is about 2000x3000 pixels and 4MB large. So some patience may be needed ;))

So they covered the windows on the car with the engine...

Is this the way it is in real life? or have [insert manufacturer here] done it to make life easier for themselves?

Otherwise it's a cool train... I prefer my Kirishima and Hyuuga though... of which you'll see shortly :P

So they covered the windows on the car with the engine...

Is this the way it is in real life? or have [insert manufacturer here] done it to make life easier for themselves?

Otherwise it's a cool train... I prefer my Kirishima and Hyuuga though... of which you'll see shortly :P

Sadly, I just posted a pic to my blog of the prototype three days for absolutely no reason.

I really wish they'd rerelease the Kirishima and Hyuuga or Red Express since I had ridden both of these train last year.

Martijn Meerts

I believe the painted windows in on the motor car are prototypical. It's a MicroAce train, and MicroAce doesn't often cut corners ;)

That's really a lot more interesting than the CP trains I usually see around here.

Now I have something else to add to my wish list. . .

I believe the painted windows in on the motor car are prototypical. It's a MicroAce train, and MicroAce doesn't often cut corners ;)

Are the windows painted or just a vinyl overlay?

This is consistently one of the most popular trains with the kids when out on the layout. even though they dont really know doraemon, they like it better than the other painted anime trains i have and show. It even blew a drive shaft at a show and luckily i was able to get it repaired through micro ace, not an easy feat... Its one of my most cherished trains. Glad the re-released it as it was so popular the first time around and happy to see more folks get ahold of it.

cheers,

jeff

Martijn Meerts

There's just something about Doraemon (and the other characters) that make people happy, even if they don't know the cartoon. Totoro has a similar effect.

well put martijn, it does juat make people happy (aaron not included, but he enjoys being the curmudgeon ;-p)

it always brings the smiles out. maybe its also the size of the characters on the trains as they are easily seen from a distance and that they are just goofy. i have a lot of other anime painted trains and they dont bring near the comments the doreamon does!

jeff

ps ill make sure to run the doreamon all next show for you. bit of the old clockwork orange cure for you! welllie wellie wellie!

CaptOblivious

forgive me but who is Doraemon? Is he anything like Pokeman or is he like Hello Kitty?

When I was in Tokyo a few years ago, he was everywhere. Easily outnumbered other popular characters for sheer visibility. I wondered the same, 'cause I'd never heard of him before.

As it turns out, he's a robotic, time-traveling cat who likes to help you with your homework. No, I am not kidding.

The reason he's so popular, I'm guessing, is because he is also Japan's "Anime Ambassador", so designated to spread interest in anime abroad. No, I am not kidding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doraemon

forgive me but who is Doraemon? Is he anything like Pokeman or is he like Hello Kitty?

When I was in Tokyo a few years ago, he was everywhere. Easily outnumbered other popular characters for sheer visibility. I wondered the same, 'cause I'd never heard of him before.

As it turns out, he's a robotic, time-traveling cat who likes to help you with your homework. No, I am not kidding.

The reason he's so popular, I'm guessing, is because he is also Japan's "Anime Ambassador", so designated to spread interest in anime abroad. No, I am not kidding.

I would say Doremon is the second most commonly seen anime in Japan aside from Gundam. There were quite a few of the Keio buses with Doreamon wrap jobs on them. It's following is probably bigger than Pokemon though.

Martijn Meerts

I would say Doremon is the second most commonly seen anime in Japan aside from Gundam. There were quite a few of the Keio buses with Doreamon wrap jobs on them. It's following is probably bigger than Pokemon though.

In that case I'd best get my Gundam module up and running, and run the Doraemon train through that. Think that would attract kids? =)

CaptOblivious

Not me. I hate that damn cat. I want to see a Eva train or something.

Oh, just you wait. Just you wait. ;)

Well, I believe that the Bandai Gundam HG kits are 1/150 scale. My buddy Squid, the war gamer is a huge Gundam freak. He has a few old ones that I'm thinking of getting from him for my T-trak module. (Since I'm moving the Sakura shrine from the T-trak to the layout, I have a lot of T-Trak space) Maybe I can get an RX78 and a Zaku from him for it. (Ugh, I can't believe I used the work Zaku in a sentence)

Martijn Meerts

I have the 4 main "characters" from the Gundam Seed series. At one point in the anime, 2 of the main characters fight eachother, while 2 more bad guys are watching from a distance. (I have to say Seed and Seed Destiny have to be my favorite Gundams, not least because Maaya Sakamoto does a voice =))

My idea was to pose the 2 fighting characters very similar to the anime, and run a double elevated track between them. The other 2 will be standing around some destroyed buildings or something. Seems like a fairly typical scene =)

I have the 4 main "characters" from the Gundam Seed series. At one point in the anime, 2 of the main characters fight eachother, while 2 more bad guys are watching from a distance. (I have to say Seed and Seed Destiny have to be my favorite Gundams, not least because Maaya Sakamoto does a voice =))

My idea was to pose the 2 fighting characters very similar to the anime, and run a double elevated track between them. The other 2 will be standing around some destroyed buildings or something. Seems like a fairly typical scene =)

Bwah, Seed, it's Sailor Gundam, LOL :P Brendan's gotten me fixed on the original one year war stuff. I guess after two years I've picked up a lot more of it that I'd've ever guessed. It's funny, I've found myself keeping up with a few of the otaku in the local Japanese club.

Still, I think Gundam battle, would make for a neat T-trak. I will admit though I have some TomyTech Comic Party figures that I'm going to sneak in to the layout. Not sure if I could work Doreamon in there.

I've got on one the mail, cost a bundle ($230 US) , what can you do. Ppity they don't do one in HO, now that would look cool in a glass cabinet :-)

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody knows what the differences are between a Micro ace A-0314 and A-0317 Doraemon train set ?

Are the characters different, eg both sets are different, or is one the re-release of the other and they look the same sets.

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody knows what the differences are between a Micro ace A-0314 and A-0317 Doraemon train set ?

Are the characters different, eg both sets are different, or is one the re-release of the other and they look the same sets.

Veejo,

pretty sure it was a re-release of the same train.

cheers

jeff