Announcing the RAILbooster 3A DCC power station

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Railstars is proud to announce RAILbooster, our latest 3A DCC booster. Unlike LOLbooster, RAILbooster is fully assembled, and ready to run. RAILbooster is designed for small layouts, and as an all-in-one solution for managing individual power districts in larger layouts.

Designed for reliability, RAILbooster can operate continuously at full capacity in the hot, stagnant air under your layout; the smart short-circuit detection circuitry can indefinitely withstand a short across the rails without damage to your expensive models; and in the worst case, LOLbooster will fully shut down, dropping all power to your track. RAILbooster is tolerant of noisy or dirty DCC signals at the input, and carefully conditions the output signal to ensure uninterrupted communication with your locos.

RAILbooster-rendering.png

RAILbooster is currently in the final stages of development, and is anticipated to begin shipping in mid-February.

Save $10 by pre-ordering during the month of December! Normally $75; pre-order now for only $65. Matching power supplies for N-gauge or HO-gauge are also available for pre-order. Read more about RAILbooster here. Or just skip to the order page directly!

I may be a bit biased, but I beta-tested the kit version of this (the LOLbooster) and I just want to note that it was a very solid design.  My write-up of that testing didn't get converted from my old website this summer (it had a lot of photos, so it fell to the bottom of the to-do list), but the final design passed all the tests Don and I could think up.

Don, it says "fully assembled and ready to run", but does that include a power supply?  You don't mention one on the page and that's an added cost that could surprise someone.  If you don't provide one, you should include some recommendations and the specs for the input jack (center positive or negative, diameter).

Guest Closed Account 1

When will the hand held arrive?

This sounds like the answer to adding DCC to the train museum. With the other guys it'll cost us over $700 to do what we want.

Will you do Club discounts on one time buys? We'll definitely fly a banner or glue something to the layout scenery.

CaptOblivious

I may be a bit biased, but I beta-tested the kit version of this (the LOLbooster) and I just want to note that it was a very solid design.  My write-up of that testing didn't get converted from my old website this summer (it had a lot of photos, so it fell to the bottom of the to-do list), but the final design passed all the tests Don and I could think up.

Don, it says "fully assembled and ready to run", but does that include a power supply?  You don't mention one on the page and that's an added cost that could surprise someone.  If you don't provide one, you should include some recommendations and the specs for the input jack (center positive or negative, diameter).

I could be clearer about the need for a separate power supply! Note made. Of course, I'll include specs in the documentation once complete. Thanks for the good word!

CaptOblivious

When will the hand held arrive?

This sounds like the answer to adding DCC to the train museum. With the other guys it'll cost us over $700 to do what we want.

Will you do Club discounts on one time buys? We'll definitely fly a banner or glue something to the layout scenery.

I'd certainly consider a club discount, yes! The hand held units are still in R&D, and I'm not quite comfortable giving a time frame yet, but I'm hoping by the end of summer I'll have prototypes working; I'm aiming to have the set ready for Christmas of 2012 ;)