What chassis?

Lawrence

Hi guys, I picked up a Tomytec model on ebay recently, I thought at £5 it was a bargain  :grin and I believe it can be motorised using a tomix chassis but I am not sure what one to buy.

The model is from the Tetsudou collection, it has a number 6 on the front of the box, the coach itself is green with a yellow/orange band at window height with a single fixed pantograph above the cab end.

It has TM-05 and TM-07 on the side of the box, I am sure these are the powered chassis variants for it but I am unsure which one to get because I am a complete dullard and cant read Japanese  :violent1:

I would be grateful for any help

Hi Lawrence,

There are two cars with pantograph in Collection 6 like you describe. The boxes are generic and identical for all cars in Collection 6, so the info on them is generic too, not specific to the particular car inside.

The Tetsudou Collection #055 (it may have this number stamped in white paint on the chassis somewhere) is an older style and has car number 1607 and an cylindrical headlight only at one end. It is the same shell casting as the Omi Railway car in the Trainweb Tomix website article. It has grey trucks and underbody, and it is shown as taking the grey TM-05 power chassis. By the way, like the Omi, this car has a pantograph-less sister car that goes with it, so keep your eye out for one.

Tetsudou Collection #060 is more modern car, has car number 11, and built-in streamlined roof headlights at each end. It is also shown to take the TM-05, even though that chassis is grey and the car is shown with black trucks and underbody.

The TM-05 and TM-07 chassis are not very different at all. To be sure, measure the distance between axles on one of the dummy trucks of your car. The TM-05 is 14mm and the TM-07 is 16mm. Actually, if you have trouble getting the correct power chassis but can get the other, it probably will do.

Rich K.

• Like 1

This is the box and it's contents, click on the thumbnails

th_coach.jpg

th_box2.jpg

th_box1.jpg

under the chassis is 060 stamped in white so I am guessing it is the second option

I can have my wholesaler dropship directly to you from Japan if you wish.

Let me know, I have found that the TM- series units come and go in availibity.

Bob

Typical, pre-ordered one on the HS site then 1 hour later I got a message from one of the guys on the ngaugeforum (he is a member here too so that's okay) with a link to one he spotted on ebay :icon_cheers: I had been looking for Tomix TM-05 and it was listed as Tomytec - schoolboy error  :BangHead: