ICE3 Best Set

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

I found a Fleischmann ICE-T 7460 on Ebay Germany that will ship to USA. Along with it I get 2 other car styles 7461 and 7465. I'll have a 9 piece train.

All new so if anyone wants a car let me know I can part with them for $70USD.

Anyone have a manual for this set? What are the stock numbers for the lighting sets?

from 2002 old catalog

light kit

head cars art.9468

intermediate cars art.9467

spare lamp

all cars (excluding bordrestaurant) art.6535

bordrestaurant art.9530 (I don't know the difference but this is it)

ciao

Massimo

I've posted a question on an older ICE set from TRIX if anyone wants to add to it--please see my post under BAGPIPER8.

That being said, there's been a rash of these TRIX ICE 3 sets coming up NEW on ebay lately, with some going for much lower than others. Does anyone know of the bottom line price for one of these in the US here and if so--how much would YOU pay for a used set? I love the whole airline look of the thing, but I just purchased a GREAT Kato set also--got a six car set of the 10-491 800 Tsubame that only cost me a bit over 100 dollars. I think I scored a home run on that one--so my thinking is do I REALLY want an ICE 3 too or should I wait til the prices just might fall on these things?

I've posted a question on an older ICE set from TRIX if anyone wants to add to it--please see my post under BAGPIPER8.

That being said, there's been a rash of these TRIX ICE 3 sets coming up NEW on ebay lately, with some going for much lower than others. Does anyone know of the bottom line price for one of these in the US here and if so--how much would YOU pay for a used set? I love the whole airline look of the thing, but I just purchased a GREAT Kato set also--got a six car set of the 10-491 800 Tsubame that only cost me a bit over 100 dollars. I think I scored a home run on that one--so my thinking is do I REALLY want an ICE 3 too or should I wait til the prices just might fall on these things?

Please see my post above from November 18. I am not sure, but have heard that the Minitrix set with the battery-power controller may be more toy-like than their regular ICE3 set. I would advise getting the newer 8-car complete set, because finding and buying the correct number of individual first- and second-class cars to expand the older set into a complete train is not easy. I speak from experience... and you end up with an inferior model, compared with the newer 8-car set.

Rich K.

Rich K.

Quinntopia,

Nice review. Where did you get the roller test bed?

You can just copy the regular you tube URL and the forum auto embeds it. You don't have to use the embed HTML.

Cheers

Jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

My Fleischmann ICE-T 7460 with extra passenger cars arrived from Germany today.

Is it me or do all the cars 7461-7465 look the same except a number on the windows? Probably designating first class and second class. Maybe just me because I still want the #7462, 7463,7464 cars to complete the set. Well, got extras of #7461 and 7465 to trade.

Scored!  Factory equipped with 6 pin decoder. Reprogrammed it to something I can remember. Even came with a decoder manual. Just thought it was DCC friendly.

The catenary is metal with a strong spring, the tilting articulation is more than I expected for scale. Brass and metal gears in the trucks, a lot of real metal throughout. Heavy motor car with traction tires is good.

http://www.fleischmann.de/produkteshop/produktsuche.html

post-436-13569929908456_thumb.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Lighting set for the Fleischmann ICET 7460:

Lighting kit for cars 7461-7465 is 9467.

Motor car is 9468.

Board restaurant is light 9530.

My Fleischmann ICE-T 7460 with extra passenger cars arrived from Germany today.

Is it me or do all the cars 7461-7465 look the same except a number on the windows? Probably designating first class and second class. Maybe just me because I still want the #7462, 7463,7464 cars to complete the set. Well, got extras of #7461 and 7465 to trade.

Scored!  Factory equipped with 6 pin decoder. Reprogrammed it to something I can remember. Even came with a decoder manual. Just thought it was DCC friendly.

The catenary is metal with a strong spring, the tilting articulation is more than I expected for scale. Brass and metal gears in the trucks, a lot of real metal throughout. Heavy motor car with traction tires is good.

http://www.fleischmann.de/produkteshop/produktsuche.html

Hello Webskipper and all,

Have you find the extra coaches for ICE-T? I think it's almost impossible to find!

Just to clarify, ICE-T composition has only 7 coaches, #7462 doesn't exist. So, You only need 7463 & 7464 to complete it.

Now I'm going to search for the lighting kits, I will keep you informed...

And the blog which was mentioned some posts ago is mine  :grin Here you can view a brief review of my ICE-T (sorry, it's in Spanish, but I have put google Translator quick access buttons  :laugh:):

http://www.rintiland.es/2011/11/el-ansiado-ice-t-por-fin-en-casa.html

Cheers,

Rintintin

Guest Closed Account 1

Something tells me that Kato has an ice3 in the works because they already have the collectible end car. Maybe they need rights to produce the whole train.

Use their TGV  or E5 chassis design to build it.

Maybe a Kato- Lemke design.

Something tells me that Kato has an ice3 in the works because they already have the collectible end car. Maybe they need rights to produce the whole train.

Use their TGV  or E5 chassis design to build it.

Maybe a Kato- Lemke design.

Kato recently announced a "world famous train" so this might be possible!

Martijn Meerts

Might be because I've seen the various ICEs quite often, but I don't consider the ICE a world famous train. Maybe the original ICE could be considered 'world famous' due to it  being the first one though. Kato doesn't often release non-Japanese trains that other manufacturers have already done, but who knows :)

As for the ICE3 on ebay, it's the cheap Minitrix version. Runs nice enough, but doesn't have any lighting, and there's not many additional cars available. I have a 5-car DB version as well as a 3-car NS version. .. ... And another 3-car DB version of which the motor car caught fire at some point for unknown reasons :)

Guest Closed Account 1

Ran the Fleischmann ICE-T on Kato V16 today and unless it runs near 230 KPH the trailing wheels like to rotate inward causing shorts in the DCC system.

It can run with no problem for a while then, it's a fly in my soup.

8 degree canted curves plus the pendulum mechanism is spelling disaster.

Will have to save this for flat tracks.

Sorry, but I need to revive this old thread. I'm planning a trip to Germany next year. I figured I'd get an N scale ICE train soonish, to start getting the boy hooked on Germany.

This thread is old, but it's a bit disappointing. Summary:  There are cheap Minitrix models available but they may burst into flames and don't have cab lights. Fleischmann is better, but according to the Webskipper post above, it won't run on banked track, which is a deal breaker for me.

Has anything changed in the last 5 years?

Incidentally, I remember seeing the ICE for the first time around twenty years ago in the Hauptbanhof in Munich. It was the most amazing train I had ever seen. Now, after experiencing Japanese trains, the ICE looks a bit meh. I still want one, though, as we're planning on using it to get around. 

Edit: This thread is about the ICE3. However, if there's no good ICE3 or ICET model available, I'd also be interested in a 1 or 2. 

Edited by gavino200

I think Arnold is going to release the Spanish version of the Velaro. But besides that, I don't think anybody is releasing a ICE-3 this year. You can always try your luck on EBay or the likes for a second hand model. But... Minitrix is going to release the ICE-1 later this year. http://www.trix.de/de/produkte/details.html?tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bart_nr%5D=16941&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Brl%5D=55%2C10&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bbacklink%5D=55&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bpage%5D=2&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bperpage%5D=40&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bera%5D=&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bnewonly%5D=0&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bgaugechoice%5D=7&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bgroupchoice%5D=&tx_torrpdb_pi1%5Bsubgroupchoice%5D= The ICE-4 is going to be released later this year by Kato/Lemke, with power couplings. I would go for that, if you like the ICE-4 looks that is. http://www.lemkecollection.de/de/Uebersicht/Spur-N/ICE-4-DB-Ep.VI-7tlg.-Grundgarnitur

Edited by Yavianice