Sort of club for Dutch/German/Belgian members?

Martijn Meerts

So I got the starter set of the Tomytec Moving bus system, plus some of the really small diameter road plates... I reckon there's just space to squeeze in a bus loop on my module!

So I got the starter set of the Tomytec Moving bus system, plus some of the really small diameter road plates... I reckon there's just space to squeeze in a bus loop on my module!

Sounds great! I presume you're doing a 300mm deep module?

It does, but what is the width/length/whatever size of the bus loop?

It does, but what is the width/length/whatever size of the bus loop?

Yup, it'll just fit in a 300 mm deep module... Two 70 mm straights plus 66 mm radius curves make, remarkably, 309 mm, perfect to fit into the module width. I'll need to cut one of the straights in half to get in into the depth available though... The Tomytec bus road bits will just be the Mk1 though, later I'll make up my own road surface (once I've figured out how to make the magnets work properly).

fun! maybe hide the back area behind some buildings.

how about taking it along a few modules?! how well does the track disconnect? or do a double or triple length module.

cheers

jeff

If it's possible to make or you feel like it, I have to agree with Jeff. Only a small loop looks kinda boring as we all know, even extending it a bit may have it look a bit better. But it's still your own module, and you decide what to put on it of course.

fun! maybe hide the back area behind some buildings.

how about taking it along a few modules?! how well does the track disconnect? or do a double or triple length module.

cheers

jeff

There will be some tall buildings in the middle: I plan to have the bus pause at the back, hidden behind the buildings, so that it isn't constantly circulating. The front will be street track with the bus and trains running side by side. Doesn't sound too boring to me.

We can always add more modules with moving buses later, but I think it's way simpler to just start with one module!

Martijn Meerts

It's a good way to show of some of the things that are on offer from the Japanese brands as well.

Derp. I was checking up some boxes and found this little project I totally forgot about. Needs a bit more landscaping (plastering and make some nicer walls), a layer of paint for the streets, a layer for the landscape, grass, detailing and it's practically ready to roll.

EDIT: yes, all buildings are lit and street lights will be put in to place as well. I hope to power it all with a simple 9V battery, but I still have to go and look for a good place and holder for it (simple parts, I'm just too lazy to search for 'em).

post-224-13569931251643_thumb.jpg

post-224-13569931253236_thumb.jpg

Was this take two of your first module? That's really derp if you forgot about that. :P

but I still have to go and look for a good place and holder for it (simple parts, I'm just too lazy to search for 'em).

Just google "batterijhouder" and you're done.

Slowly making progress. Now in the stage of detailing and weathering. I need to do the wire-connecting actually, but damn. I hate that stuff! :sad:

post-224-13569931256348_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

I've ordered a bit of Unitrack, and my current project at work is nearing completion, so hopefully I'll be able to build a couple of modules soon, probably fairly simple single track ones for now, but I do intend to add lots of details.

• Like 1

@KenS: The mirror is just a small joke I added. It's just my grooming thang when I shave or som'n. It's a good spot to have it stored away there :P

@Martijn: YEAAAH! I'm not sure if my modules are ever able to meet with yours (or any other for that matter), since I plan to move to Japan at the end of December. Maybe we should have a meeting before that whenever possible... Also, I'm thinking about sort of 'lending' my modules to one of you guys when I'm gone. At least then I know they're in good hands. Bringing them to Japan would be a bit insane, since almost everything, including most of the building materials, is from Japan (I used cardboard from shipping boxes).

Toni - congratulations on your move to Japan! It would be fun to all meet up again before you go.

I can't report much progress I'm afraid, since work hasn't left me much spare time for model making these last few months.

Martijn Meerts

Ben, join the club ;)

I've ordered some Unitrack a while ago, drew out a plan for the hardware store to get some wood cut, but haven't been able to actually go there...

I'll have to get something done soon though, I'd really love to go to some show and display some Japanese trains. I visited a local club a while ago, and of all the layouts they had there, the N-scale one (which was a fairly simple double loop thing) was getting a lot of attention. Makes me believe even more that some more exotic trains and detailed scenery would go a long way to gathering interest.

I'm planning to buy a ticket this or next week, depending on financial circumstances. So yeah, let's meet up before I leave the country. I also promised to set up a list of trains and track that I'm selling. I hope to put it online this week as well. Prices will be low, since, let's be fair, I've modified quite a lot of my trains and track to my taste (weathering).

Martijn Meerts

I should be available most weekends as long as it's not (very) short term notice :)

Also, any specific reason you're selling the trains other than moving to Japan?