Couple of my projects

nightshade

Here are few projects that have on hand at the moment

Kato GP-50 (orginaly BN) to GP-49PH-3 (tri-rail)

came as.....

BN.jpg

as of now repaited (spray paint and touchup, my 2nd repaint so far)

did MT coupler conversion last week.... (still needs BLMA pilots, hoses, ac's, antena stand

and new brass railings)

gp-29-2.jpg

gp49-1.jpg

this is how the proto looks like

showPicture.aspx?id=1376478

still need to locate 2 more Athearn bombardier coaches (have the cab car, like the palm tree paint)

other one is my Metrolink #876 repaint

came as texaat Tre

athearn.jpg

new BLMA fans

DSCF1307.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

black and white

DSCF1309.jpg

as of now still need the 2 more ribbon stripes road name and number +new railings

stripe.jpg

almoust forgot working on the coffe table

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5670.msg59043.html#msg59043

some projects for future / on hold :  talgo cascades / surfliner/ amtrack california

caltrain and f40 coaster (have the car set already)

Really nice work! This is one area of modeling that I'm afraid to attempt, re-painting a shell with an  airbrush. It is such a fine detailed task to do and in the past (even with painter's tape) I get smears.

re-painting a shell with an  airbrush

dont have an airbrush, used spary paints that i could get

need to get airbrush sometime.... new at this too but what better way to start than repaint..... i might get some green max kits just to see how i can manage them... will see

(my first tikaido did not come out that great,  but keykiu decent, but that was 10 years ago.... big brake will see)

The only way to get better at airbrushing is practice, lots of it :)

I agree....but my hands keep turning purple with all the different paints I smear on myself.  :grin

Martijn Meerts

That's no problem :) A lot of professionals actually use their hand as makeshift freehand masks, so you'll just look like a pro  :grin

That's no problem :) A lot of professionals actually use their hand as makeshift freehand masks, so you'll just look like a pro 
  LOL

used gloves for the second one but still got paint spray past the gloves........  (orange hair  :grin )

gonna try to get airbrush (before i gonna do my cascades and surfliner) will see

An airbrush is definitely a lot more accurate and more comfortable to work with than spray cans.

yup just did not get to it .... seem i got to gonna do more

i think i might do a f40 in tri-rail, and Coaster f40 also....  (would be nice having 2 kato f40..... )

but anywas got more work to do on those 2  (wana do a DCC + sound on both too)