Concrete retaining walls

I am trying to reproduce a concrete retaining wall in my layout. I have an exact idea of what I want, but still don't know how to do it, materials, paint, and colours to obtain a realistic effect.

Viewing the post from Westfalen about his 9th travel to Japan there is a photo about an HO scale layout that has exactly what I want to reproduce (see the attached photo).

I would really appreciate your ideas and tips to reproduce that concrete retaining wall as in the photo. I read a modelling technique to reproduce concrete texture consisting in adding talcum powder to a base grey paint. The support for that painting can be thin wood or styrofoam.

Anybody has any experience to share?

Thanks to all in advance, as always!!!!

Dani.

post-421-13569929040798_thumb.jpg

If you need lots of them, you could make one in craft clay, bake it hard, then make a latex mold. You can then make lots of copies with plaster. This is how I've been making my tunnel portals.

4425598001_47134f18f5_b.jpg

The red ones are the clay models. The gray and white ones are the plaster copies.

The flexible stone walls from Chooch are the BEST!  I love the look and feel of these!  I wish these were around a couple of years ago when I was getting started!

Dani, I coulnd't quite make out the walls from the photo you posted, but they look a little similar to a technique I used.  These are basically brick/concrete sheets from Everygreen plastics with strips of styrene thrown in every couple of inches.  The benefit is that they are easy to work with, fairly inexpensive and pretty flexible:

P1090121.jpg

• Like 1