Hogarakadou

rpierce000

Hogarakadou is a small Japanese company that makes, among other things, really cool little container car containers.

Some examples:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/656/0/1

Does anyone here use their products? Do you like them?

I am looking at becoming their US distributor and need some input.

Thanks!

Bob

Krackel Hopper

I have a few - I think their containers are great quality and some with very unique designs.

I tend to order a pack with every Hobby Search order I place.

I'm really after C-1303

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10082520

If you can get your hands on a pack or two of those, I would take them!

I too have collected a few. They have a number of nice and different containers and good quality, but like curt the prices have kept me from purchasing too many as well.

Jeff

I have some of these.  They're nice for adding "something different" to a Japanese container train. But as the others have said, the high cost, often around twice what Tomix charges, is a bit off-putting.  I buy these occaisionally, but until/unless I find more room to build a container terminal, I really have more containers than I can use already. Which probably won't stop me from buying a few more.  :grin

So if they were available at your local hobby shop or online at list price or 10% less with domestic USA shipping you would be tempted is what I hear.

Keep an eye on www.hogarakadouUSA.com and PERHAPS something will show up early next year.

Bob

bob,

no i think if they were half the price i would buy more of them. its the base price that is the hard part i think for most of us. its usually around $5.50-9 per container which is pretty steep. fine if you want a few different containers to fill in a set of cars or scatter in the front of a container area, but hard if you want to fill a lot of cars or a container yard! its also something that i think the more specialized modeler would want, not the beginner or more general modeler, so not so sure something that would be a big seller in hobby shops. then again many us containers can get pricey so maybe im wrong there, but just cant see this as an on the shelf seller for many us hobby shops.

shipping is usually not an issue with these as i usually get stuff like this when i order something bigger and it adds nothing much to the shipping. even when i pre-ordered some sal they came for like 480yen which was bout what us shipping would be.

also their base prices have gone up some in the last year by about 33% on simple things like container covers. pretty steep jump on something so simple.

cheers

jeff

Several of you have written to me asking what is currently available.

Allow me to show you the answers in graphic form so that you do not have to wait for me every time you have a question (although I am ALWAYS happy to answer a question!):

http://www.hogaraka.co.jp/contena_hp/contena.htm

The first column is a picture of the item

The second column is the item part number

The third column is the item description

The fourth column is the really important one. If it is an X, it is out of stock. If it is a triangle they are in stock. If it is BLANK it is scheduled for a rerun and the LAST column has the tentative date for that rerun. If there is a triangle, but there are characters in the last column, look at the last character. If it has four "legs" it means that this is in very short supply and not available to wholesalers (i.e. me).

If you have any further questions, please ask! BTW, I check my email more often than I check my messages here, so using the email link will improve the response speed.

Bob

bob@bttrains.com

CaptOblivious

A bit late to the party, but I'll second the general opinion. I have a few, I really like the designs available, but the price is quite high for what they are. But I do want more in my container collection.