new tomytec trailer collection coming

trailer collection 3 had a shinkansen transporter. basically two wheel sets that take the place of the car's trucks so it can be towed on streets, then lifted off and onto its trucks on the track. there is a thread somewhere on the forum with videos of such transport in real life.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087896

cheers

jeff

trailer collection 3 had a shinkansen transporter. basically two wheel sets that take the place of the car's trucks so it can be towed on streets, then lifted off and onto its trucks on the track. there is a thread somewhere on the forum with videos of such transport in real life.

So THAT'S what that trailer is for!  To be honest, I had no idea what that trailer was for...other than it was very long!

I hope they do a re-run of that one. A shinkansen car being delivered down the street would be an eye catching scene on a layout with a few police cars clearing the streets and a crowd of curious onlookers.

Claude_Dreyfus

Very interesting. I have one of these low-loaders, and did not realise it was that flexible. I use it on the layout as a delivery vehicle for one of the Tomytec Portrams - it is a perfect fit. It is also an ideal use for the large number of police cars I have aquired!  :grin

The shenkansen transporter is the one with just the two wheel sets with the one having a tow bar to the tractor unit. The wheel sets just fit on the Shinkansen like a set of rail trucks.

Jeff