Kato N Scale Double Track Truss Bridge

Salvatore

Hi friends...!!!

I'm starting a project using Kato Unitrack.....  All my previous experience is with Atlas Track, so this is completely new for me.

I'm considering to use one piece of Kato N Scale Double Track Truss Bridge (as shown below). The Kato catalog number for this piece is 20-435, 20-436, 20-437 and 20-438, depending of its colour.

This piece has a length of 248 milimeters. But I could not find what's its measurement from center to center of its tracks. Can anyone help me with this information (in milimeters please)?

20-438.gif

Salvatore,

its the standard 33mm kato track spacing they use for all their double track items.

one little thing with the double truss bridge is there are little tiny braces in the top corners of each end of the bridge that can clip double high passenger cars like the Ei (or other tall NA stock) if you put a curve right into the bridge. these are just little quarter circle braces and could probably be carved out easily to solve the problem. i just noticed it one time when i set up a temporary double viaduct layout and had the curve going right into the bridge.

cheers

jeff

Thank you very much, Jeff.

That's exactly the track spacing I need (my project is a section for a T-Track modular layout)....  :cheesy

And thanks for your advice. I'm going to connect the bridge with straight sections in both sides, so I hope not to have that kind of troubles.

Best regards!

Chava

Chava,

you are most welcome.

all of katos stuff is based on the 33mm track spacing (except the #6 switches which go at 42.5mm). the ttrak alternate spacing is based on this to use all of the kato double track stuff. the original standard spacing is the tracks butted right next to each other and you have to do some squirly stuff to make the curves work and they aint parallel!

have fun, post your modules on the forum as they progress, always interesting to see what folks are doing.

cheers

jeff