Kato Overhead Expansion set Question

Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Hi, I have the expansion set for the Kato Overhead and I am trying to figure out how to add it. The set was missing the instructions and its probably in Japanese so no big help to me anyways  lol.  I was wondering how do I add the extra stairs to the one side (area circled in red in picture)  It appears to go into the window but the window does not seem to pop out.  Any input on how to attach it?

Thanks

Spiff

post-425-13569928696939_thumb.jpg

I think it can be done, although I managed to destroy my window in doing it.

The window unit is held in place by a tab on the top of the window, and the two tabs on the side of the building (which you can see through the window).  You need to press the top of the window in far enough that the top of the window is inside the building, then slide the window assembly up until the it comes loose. Using something like a heavy Xacto knife to pry up may be helpful.  However the window is delicate, and when I pushed in on the top I pushed too hard and it cracked across at the middle.

Since I'm not going to use the window anyway, that's no big loss. But if I'd been trying to move it over to the other side of the building, that would have been a problem.

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the reply KenS.  Am I right in assuming that the piece that isn't attached in the picture is supposed to be attached to the main building in the spot where the window is?

Spiff

I believe so, but I don't actually use the stairways (and in fact I seem to have misplaced mine, so I can't check them).  The tabs on the corridor slide in above the tabs on the building, and then the whole assembly slides down to lock it in place.  The corridor for the extension platform works the same way. It can be a little tricky to get it in; it's very sensitive to any misalignment.