Hello Storage by Kobaru

here is an interesting one. Storage using containers broken up into smaller container compartments. interesting way to make a storage warehouse out of a parking lot! have not seen this in the states yet, but expect it will!

http://www.hello-storage.com/kanagawa/detail/4037.html

not cheap from kobaru if you want to make a little facility with 6 or 7 of these though!

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&scope=0&scope2=0&itkey=hello+storage

and your roll around stairs to get to the second level containers. just hope someone does not walk off with it while you are in your container!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10158898

also an over head bilboard that could be used for the entrance

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10158899

cheers

jeff

jeff

where are you from? here on long island casone container is chopping

all types of sea boxes for storage units

im in the washington dc area. i have not see it yet here or other places like california i have traveled much, but i figured it would be here or come soon! its has been invasion of the stuff snatchers here with all the pods in driveways all the time!

actually picked up a few odds and ends this evening at the craft store to try and make some of these! figured it would be a great little filler scene!

good luck on long island this weekend, hope you are on higher ground!

jeff

I agree with Bigford, this is nothing new. Chopped containers are found all over the place, except perhaps in Fantasyland (aka Washington, DC).

I've seen used containers sold as sheds.  And we have lots of single-story storage locker buildings around here.  But I've never seen containers subdivided to make storage lockers either.  Good idea though.

In Japan is this a suburban or urban thing?  I'd expect land prices in cities would be too high to make it practical, but at the same time that's where residential space is in the shortest supply.

I agree with Bigford, this is nothing new. Chopped containers are found all over the place, except perhaps in Fantasyland (aka Washington, DC).

ive seen containers turned into all sorts of stuff like housing, sheds, etc. used as construction storage all the time around here. just never seen them for personal storage like this. we have all sorts of personal storage buildings from the large warehouses to the little cinder block rows. the dc area isnt all that strange of a metro area for the us really, other than the pointy heads downtown...

jeff

Hobby Dreamer

Like Jeff, I've seen many uses for containers but not this type of storage..

But thanks Jeff, for the links...  I usually never complain about prices but those containers are a rip! Makes the whole Tomytec fuel depot seem inexpensive!!

Cheers

Rick

yeah it was an ouch as you probably would want at least 3 or 4 packs to make a little one. the ouch is there seems to be little on the way of marking on it for that price! i think there is enough sinage on the company's web site to roll your own. the tomytec shipping warehouse office or one of the little greenmax offices would make a good office for it.

i picked up some ribbon last night at the craft store that had ridges on it like the little roll up door have, but once i cut some up i realized that it would not work. going to play with using my little xy table on the proxxon rotary tool stand and see if i can scribe up some with some 020 styrene stock. want to have one open with someone loading stuff in.

i will pop for a stairway and the billboard, both look very nice and a decent price.

cheers

jeff

i wanted to get two 53' footers set up in the back yard. then

weld them side by side and cut the inner walls out to use as a

train room 18' X 53' :cool:

Pft, just north in farm country these things are everywhere sued as equipment sheds. Personally, with land as cheap as it is thanks to the recession, I'd love to buy up a bunch of these and do what some folks are doing abroad and just stack a bunch in to studio apartments and selling them to hipsters and trendy art snobs for ten times their value. Coast Guard had a ton at Curtis Bay that they were just giving away to anyone with a trailer. We had a few shorties 20' I guess with the garage door sides on them too used for parking those little golf carts.