What's your most prized N-Scale possession?

Hobby Dreamer

Hobby Dreamer

What's your most prized N-Scale possession?

For me its the Kato Portrams with working lights and full lit interior...  I love the track even though its really too wide for me, but I suspect that will be changed with upcoming releases...

A close second are the Tomytec vehicles...

Cheers

Rick

Proabably my Tomix JNR KIHA 183 Series (92011). It's the eighties edition in a sturdy fake-leather casing, which is so much better than the current paper covers in a plastic box, but with quite hard foam lining. It's probably not worth more than 10.000¥, but maybe in the future it will be more... Maybe I'll consider trading it for something more useful to me (a 1435mm gauge 18m train or something like that).

i would guess its my painted train collection. ive managed to pickup most of them over the years and they are the trains i always get a smile when i open the case (or a bigger one!)

jeff

This thing. An old Lima Plymouth switcher. It was the first N scale engine I ever had, about 1972 or 73, it was originally Union Pacific but was my first attempt at painting, decalling and detailing. It hasn't turned a wheel for about 35 years but I can't bring myself to toss it out.

post-218-13569928623414_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It has to be my first N scale purchase, the Mintrix Sir Nigel Greeley.....that's the one that got me hooked. Then it would be my Nozomi 500 my first Japanese train....but I would be hard to part with any of my trains, I like them all.

I guess we all love every one of our trains.  Here's my 2c worth:

I couldn't live without:

• 1. MicroAce A1596/7 JR Series 200-1500 Shinkansen Renewal 25th Anniversary
  • 2. Kato 10-260 EF58 40th Anniversary Special Edition 4 Loco Set
  • 3. Kato 10-510/1/2 Shinkansen 500 Series Nozomi
  • 4. Tomix 92752 Shinkansen 0-7000 Fresh Green
  • 5. MicroAce A2151 Odakyu 3000 Romance Car
  • ... and many more ...

I could part with (but suffer "separation anxiety"):

• 1. Kato 10-238 Fujisan Limited Express (I have two sets, ie: 4 consists, and could only part with 1)
  • 2. Kato 10-276/7 10-398 Shinkansen 700 Series (I have two sets but could part with one)
  • 3. Nagoya Railways 880 Series 3-Car set.  Mine is 2nd hand and doesn't run that well

Please note, this is not an invitation to treat.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Well... all my Tomytec "Tomii Dentetsu" cars and locomotives, plus Micro-Ace DD13 99 and Ohmi Tetsudo ED14 1 (OK, a sausage of a loco but a nice one...).

Cheers NB

This thing. An old Lima Plymouth switcher. It was the first N scale engine I ever had, about 1972 or 73, it was originally Union Pacific but was my first attempt at painting, decalling and detailing. It hasn't turned a wheel for about 35 years but I can't bring myself to toss it out.

LOL, i have one of those from just about the same time, one of the first engines i got as well as a kid! still have it and it still runs! mine is burlington northern! i remember their worm drives needed to be kept greased well or they would stutter a lot. spent a lot of time cleaning it out and regreashing it as a kid!

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

I love all all of them.

The bullets a little more and don't tell the steams or diesels. Lol.

The trams are little joys.

My Con Cor / Rivarossi Union Pacific Big Boy (I run that on my other layout) and my Kato Limited Express Series 253 "Narita Express" 6 Car Set with full lighted interior (so cool looking).

Are we talking favorite train or rarest of the rare?

If rare, then I'd say my 2 Kato KTT (Kowloon Through Train) even though one set has the wrong loco (idiotic Hong Kong dealers) and even if the Kawasaki bi-level cars themselves look pretty bad. Also a couple of Tomix C-Types that don't run (1 of which is in pieces right now). Umm.. Also the original Bachmann made Tomix ED75 and ED61. Fleischmann Amtrak ICE which I am quite fond of. And the Endo 0 series and 200 series Shinkansen both in new condition, even if they are very ugly by today's standards.

If faves I really like the MA AE100, Tomix C57, Tomix EF66+WaMu set, and Tomix 50000 VSE and many, many, many more LOL.

Guest JRF-1935

Clem24

If we're talking "rarest of the rare" - Mine would be the 1975 Tomy ED75 plus the entire 18 car production by Tomy before Tomix.  Otherwise I can't think of a train, engine, or freight car that I don't like.  I am soooooo addicted  :grin

Rich C

I don't have that much, so mine is my Tomix Twilight Express full set (though without the lighted restaurant car).  I just love that train in real life, and imagine riding it whenever I run it.