Pocket Tram Question

NYNE

I have a question about Kato's Pocket Train Tram. I searched the forums but didn't see an answer. Does it have a prototype? And if so where do they run? Thanks in advance.

I have a question about Kato's Pocket Train Tram. I searched the forums but didn't see an answer. Does it have a prototype? And if so where do they run? Thanks in advance.

Not as far as I know.

I have never tried DCC. I am still a little old fashion and I lean toward smaller layouts where it is one loco at a time. Because of that I never saw the need. Thanks for the answers.

I'm less than impressed with Pocket Trams. The drive lacks weight and as a consequence do not run well, either running like a bat out of hell or stuttering and stopping. When weight was added the trucks would bind on C103 curves. The coupler between the trailer is a wrench shaped piece of plastic, very unprototypical.  Pocket Trams are an entry level product aimed at children.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/100327

By comparsion the TM-TR01 is a much better tram drive.  It is weighted, is designed for C103 curves and runs very smooth on my large tram layout.

I figure I will get one and let my daughter drive that one around. She is developing a love for trains and trams, so I wanted to give her something she could fool around with and we wouldn't worry if she took it into a corner at 100 mph and launched it into space. Thanks everyone. I was just curious if it existed in real life.

I have to say it kind of reminds me of one of those people movers you see at airports.

Thanks everyone

I was just curious if it existed in real life.

I have to say it kind of reminds me of one of those people movers you see at airports.

That's occurred to me. I think I've seen some MOW cars too.

Recently I bought a couple of these and am impressed despite them being basic, freelance models. Can someone tell me please how to remove the bodies of tram and trailer? Is it straightforward and without risk of damage?

Bob