Tomix 92822 Railstar 700 motor car speed slow vs other Tomix units

Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Hi, I have a new Tomix 92822 Railstar that is considerably slower than a Tomix 92963 Series 0 and a Tomix 92415 Shinano 115 Series. All three trains have a DZ 125 decoder installed. The 700 seems to run 50% slower than the 115 and 25% slower than the 0 series. I reset the CV values as per the manual. I don't remember how fast it ran prior to the decoder install. Any ideas?

Spiff

spaceman i have the Tomix 92963 Series 0 x 2 just got today i the mail.

issue is i have the 500 nozomi sayonara and a few 100 series tomix ones sporting the power coupler etc. but this 0 series doesn't go till about 30 % and it takes about 5 seconds before it does move even on 30%

all the other ones go at about 20% and start moving much quicker than this seems to kick in.

you noticed this or anyone else have this issue. both do it thats why i'm not sure if it's normal or i got 2 with crappy motors.

spaceman i have the Tomix 92963 Series 0 x 2 just got today i the mail.

issue is i have the 500 nozomi sayonara and a few 100 series tomix ones sporting the power coupler etc. but this 0 series doesn't go till about 30 % and it takes about 5 seconds before it does move even on 30%

all the other ones go at about 20% and start moving much quicker than this seems to kick in.

you noticed this or anyone else have this issue. both do it thats why i'm not sure if it's normal or i got 2 with crappy motors.

I'd be talking to HS about that.  It should be moving by 10% or 15% power at worst.

Cheers

The_Ghan

yeah strange to get 2 the same. I ran one next to the 100 fresh green 6 car. I figured should be same motor and everything. there is definately a difference.

It's R10 so i will open up quickly and just check there is no rubbing etc if looks all fine and a bit of lube does nothing will email em.

just on this after some running in they seem to go fine now the 100 series goes a bit faster at same % but they both start of smooth now and at a lower voltage.