Touch Rail? Taiwan N Scale?

quinntopia

35 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

You could ask ZenMarket, MTP or RG-R to purchase it on your behalf and ship it to you.

I didn’t think of that, might see what I can do with Rokko, I’m so surprised that they’re this difficult to get hold of…they’ve got some great looking trains though.

disturbman

They are not. Depending when you write him, Tokonami-san can answer quite rapidly. But be sure to check your spam, his emails always end up in mine.

@GCS Haruya Model is a japanese store that does imports from Taiwan/China at import prices. The actual models are cheaper.

However any Taiwanese made train is very hard to get.

Try this facebook page of the YixiangCCD 憶象文創  in Taiwan, they supplied me with a rare TEMU 2000 livery set at the "taiwanese" price. They have an actual store, and ship abroad, speak english and accept paypal. I think I wrote about my experience in the chinese thread on JNS.

It seems they also coordinate with Touch Rail in terms of which liveries of the TEMU 2000 to model, and they also have surveys about which livery should be produced, so it can be sold in very limited quantity.

Not sure what you want to get but don't expect rare sets to be in regular stock. I was super lucky and they had a slot left of the TEMU set that I ended up getting. If you want to have the OH BEAR or Hello Kitty, forget about it unless you have serious dough.

Other places you might try your luck is YAHOO Auction, but also take a look at EBAY. Can't find it now, but TEMU sets, even semi-rare ones, used to make a regular (if expensive) appearance from someone living in the EU.

BTW: Mainland china stuff is easier to get from HK e.g. EZTranscom. For obvious political reasons, mainland china trains are harder to get in Taiwan and vice versa (though they do appear, just generally with an "adjusted" price).

Edited by Yavianice
serotta1972
15 hours ago, GCS said:

Hey guys,

Sorry to revive a dead topic but I’m really interested in Taiwanese EMU’s lately and have fallen in love with the TEMU1000/TEMU2000 but they are really difficult to find.

Does anyone know who I can buy through or have any contacts, I’ve tried my usual Japanese contacts to know luck, I’ve tried Oriental Model and Touch-Rail directly but no joy there either.

Any insight/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! 

Guy 

P.S. I tried http://haruya-railmodel.com/ but they won’t ship to the UK 😞

PM Railtunes - he might be able to share his contacts in Taiwan.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Yavianice said:

@GCS Haruya Model is a japanese store that does imports from Taiwan/China at import prices. The actual models are cheaper.

However any Taiwanese made train is very hard to get.

Try this facebook page of the YixiangCCD 憶象文創  in Taiwan, they supplied me with a rare TEMU 2000 livery set at the "taiwanese" price. They have an actual store, and ship abroad, speak english and accept paypal. I think I wrote about my experience in the chinese thread on JNS.

It seems they also coordinate with Touch Rail in terms of which liveries of the TEMU 2000 to model, and they also have surveys about which livery should be produced, so it can be sold in very limited quantity.

Not sure what you want to get but don't expect rare sets to be in regular stock. I was super lucky and they had a slot left of the TEMU set that I ended up getting. If you want to have the OH BEAR or Hello Kitty, forget about it unless you have serious dough.

Other places you might try your luck is YAHOO Auction, but also take a look at EBAY. Can't find it now, but TEMU sets, even semi-rare ones, used to make a regular (if expensive) appearance from someone living in the EU.

BTW: Mainland china stuff is easier to get from HK e.g. EZTranscom. For obvious political reasons, mainland china trains are harder to get in Taiwan and vice versa (though they do appear, just generally with an "adjusted" price).

Brilliant thank you, I’ll message them and see if they can help. The TEMU2000 special editions look great, especially OhBear but not for 78,000 japanese yen 😱

Guy

In reply to GCS and others intested in this topic: It's been a while since I followed up on this thread where I posted a reply over TEN YEARS ago! A lot has happened with Taiwan since then, but here's what I think may be the best connection for North American modellers interested in these models.

Back on 15 July 2015, on this forum, Wei Chou posted a message in Platform 3 - Products & Retailers > New Releases & Product Announcements > New Startup - GUNG-HO! Minatures - N Scale Railway Warehouse, Brick Village House and Station Hand Cart Accessories. Have a look at this posting and others from him that have been posted subsequently for an idea of what he is making.

His company makes N scale Taiwan models, now including rolling stock along with his structure and accessories offerings. Since then, I've been in touch with him fairly regularly and he has been able to supply Taiwan models from most of the Taiwan companies and has contacts there, as he sells his own products in that market as well.

GUNG-HO! is based in Canada, in the Vancouver area, so shipping is greatly simplified to North American addresses.

He has a website: gunghominiatures.com and email is <gunghominiatures@gmail.com>.

Nice to see that there are other members here interested in this prototype!

- Paul Ingraham, AsiaNRail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Railtunes said:

He has a website: gunghominiatures.com

This website does not work for me?

I found it fairly easy to purchase and ship Taiwanese models from YixiangCCD 憶象文創, but the lack of an internet store where you can browse through makes it harder to figure out which models are available (and how much they cost). That the (rare) models seem to sell out instantly does not help either. So if your contact has an internet store you can "browse" through, that will certainly help with the discoverability of new models for the non-Taiwan market. I am still not sure if I know all the models and liveries that are produced in Taiwan...

You can browse Rakuten.

Like: https://www.ruten.com.tw/find/?q=三鶯重工

And I don't know if YixiangCCD 憶象文創 will still ship to Germany, as I told you these are the same guys as Sanying and they refused to ship me a model due to the retours they had on their PS controller.

edit: I believe this would be the correct address for Gung-Ho! Miniatures, https://chouw99.wixsite.com/gungho

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1