Santestu Tsunami repair fundraiser cars

rpierce000

As promised BT Trains has ordered ten of the limited edition cars that will raise funds to repair the tsunami devastated Santestsu line.

We will be selling these at our cost, including shipping. We have just placed the order via our wholesaler, but expect them in September. Due to the vagaries of SAL shipping this may be early October.

I expect that the JNS Forum people will be strongly behind this effort, you are all very giving people. With that in mind I am NOT placing these on my website but will accept reservations via email or PM. bob@bttrains.com will reach me. Just tell me that you want one of the units.

If you are in the USA I expect these to be around $38. If you are overseas I would expect about $47 due to higher shipping costs. The unit itself is 2250yen. ($29.60) plus $5.20 in USA shipping or plus $13.50 international shipping. There are no discounts for resellers, this is a straight from Tomix, in Japan only sale.

If you would like to see the car, it is an unpowered diesel and can be seen at http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/world/topics/infosanriku.htm.

Thank you for your generosity to this cause.

I would like to thank everyone who has already reserved these, half of the cars have been reserved in ONE day.

The generosity of you guys is amazing!

Bob,

thanks for doing this and at cost!

Folks i have ordered one from bob (from my own pocket) that I will be raffling it off for the Omocha Express charity, so if you didnt make the first order and want a chance at one this will be one, while also providing money to the kids' toy fund for Iwate. Its a small world as Santetsu rr who tomy is doing the car for is also a partner in the Omocha Express charity along with the Rail Modelers' Circle of Iwate (jrm's sister club) and will be helping to distribute the toys. Even with over 70% of Santetsu's track destroyed they still wanted to help out with the community when they heard of omocha express.

Thanks to all who are contributing to all these causes. ill announce the raffle when the trains come.

cheers,

jeff