Posting Videos that you've made

Bernard

Alright I admit I'm not the greatest when it comes to computers.  ::)

I just made a video from my still camera (don't have a video camera) for my layout operating. The video is only :09 in length, how do I post it on the forum?

Darren Jeffries

You can just upload using attachments as you would a picture. At the moment there is no feature available to automatically play the video within the post (like youtube videos) and this is because of the need for codecs etc...

When you have uploaded the video, it will be able to be downloaded. The other alternative would be to use youtube. Upload your video to youtube, and then link it here. it will then play within the post.

You can just upload using attachments as you would a picture. At the moment there is no feature available to automatically play the video within the post (like youtube videos) and this is because of the need for codecs etc...

When you have uploaded the video, it will be able to be downloaded. The other alternative would be to use youtube. Upload your video to youtube, and then link it here. it will then play within the post.

I will admit, I like how I Can drop in YT videos to this site without doing nay crazy coding or embedding.

No problem about the thread. As for editing programs since I'm a film maker I use a two professional systems. My favorite is called Avid and the other popular one is Final Cut Pro by Mac. These systems can be very expensive but are excellent. Other systems that might work for you are iMove by Mac (usually comes with a Mac when you purchase one) and Pinnacle Studio made by Avid.

Here is a link to Pinnacle:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/

I know in our office we have interns work on Pinnacle. If you're interested I can find out more for you on that system.

No problem about the thread. As for editing programs since I'm a film maker I use a two professional systems. My favorite is called Avid and the other popular one is Final Cut Pro by Mac. These systems can be very expensive but are excellent. Other systems that might work for you are iMove by Mac (usually comes with a Mac when you purchase one) and Pinnacle Studio made by Avid.

Here is a link to Pinnacle:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/

I know in our office we have interns work on Pinnacle. If you're interested I can find out more for you on that system.

I got to see what my little Panasonic camcorder uses. It's one of those little ones about half the size of a digicam, uses SD cards.

Martijn Meerts

iMovie '09 is actually one of the best for quick and easy editing. Of course, it's Mac only ;)

Other than that, Final Cut Pro is almost the industry standard, many hollywood movies are cut with it. Although, Apple has been slow in adding new features, so it's loosing some ground. It's also terribly expensive, but luckily there's Final Cut Express, which is affordable and does much of what the Pro version does. Again though, Final Cut is Mac only.

For windows.. I don't know.. I use windows only to play games  ::)

As for youtube, I find the quality to be far too low. I'd never put any video's on there in its current state.