Anyone else having Paypal troubles?

KenS

I'd just used Paypal a couple of days ago to pay for an order (two actually) by credit card and it worked fine. Today it's not.

I went to use it today to pay for a HS preorder that came in, and it's not working.  I'm doing a credit card payment, and after entering all the info I hit the button, and it flickers and clears the credit card number the same way it would if there was a problem, but no error message shows up at the top of the screen.  I called my bank, and the card's in good standing. They processed the last Paypal transaction, but they're not even seeing this one come through for processing (I talked to someone in the authorization department).

I can't find any online news stories about them having an outage, and it's kind of odd that it's been failing for more than 12 hours if it were, but the card just worked three days ago.  I even tried another computer. No email to the address I used either.

Anyone else having problems, or have any ideas (and no, I don't have another card I can use; apparently Amex doesn't work with Paypal because I do get an error when I try to use that one that says "this card can't be used with Paypal, use another"; at least it's clear).

i paid an ebay in paypal today no issue.

could be browser related or maybe just recently started server related issue.

I had multiple Paypal payments done today with no issues been raised, I've gone through a Cosplay Store via Paypal, HS via Paypal and every a ticketing system via Paypal. So hope everythings gets better on your end.

I got a 6 pound refund from a vendor I've never purchased from today.  I emailed them saying that they've made a mistake and I won't be accepting the refund.  I've never purchased a princess castle, and have no plans to add one to my layout.  Apart from that, I've had no trouble with PayPal.

Cheers

TheGhan

ive done a few in the last day or two and no issues, but then i dont enter the cc info, i just log into my paypal and use the cc linked there.

i manage a few sites that use paypal for cc transactions and no reports back thru the sites that folks are having problems.

try dumping your browser cashe and deleting all the paypal cookies, the cc process does leave a few cookies behind.

funny the amex does not work as paypal does accept amex. wonder if its something you can call into amex and turn on. amex charges are a bit strange on both the regular cards and their ccs. one of my client's merchant accounts use to spit back about half of them then you would go check the account and they had gone through. bank was not sure why it was doing this so much, but only with amex.

hope it starts working! unfortunately now you have to probably call paypal, that being said last month i had to deal with them setting up the omocha express charity account and they were a lot better on the communication end than they were in the past.

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

No problems here either.. Paid a HS order yesterday actually.

I have both my bank account and my CC linked to my account, and I tend to go for the bank account option. The only times I use the CC is when I have to pay a LOT and prefer not to have to pay it all at once. That doesn't happen very often though :)

It's something about the card.  I used another one (which I really don't want to use for this kind of thing) and it worked fine, minutes after the first one failed again.  I had cleared cookies, and checked in case I'd somehow blocked a site they used from creating cookies, or put in a firewall rule that caused a problem, none of that had any effect.

It's been about a year since I started using that card with paypal without an account, I wonder if they have some kind of limit.  Maybe I should break down and set up a paypal account (I had one long ago on another card, but stopped using it about ten years ago and forgot the credentials and the card it was set up with is long gone anyway). I didn't really see a need for one more Internet login if they'd take the credit card without it.

Anyway, my HS orders (the original and the preorder that showed up today) have been paid, and should be making their way to me shortly.

Ken,

thats odd. AFAIK if you are doing a paypal checkout w/o signing in as a paypal member its to be treated as just a normal merchant account transaction that paypal is just the merchant bank between you and the vendor. i have set up a number of orgs using paypal like this as a way to receive funds and never come across any limits to the use of a cc when its going the plain cc transaction route.

there use to be one small oddity was if you tried to do a non paypal account, plain cc checkout and used a cc that was linked to a paypal account it would refuse to do it and instruct you to log into your paypal account to use that cc. this was a bit obnoxious, but has not been around for the last year or so, i recently tested that to make sure again when i set up the omocha express account a couple of months ago.

might be good to call paypal and ask them what is up, this is really odd and if there is some hidden limit that would be good to expose as that would be a big bs on their part and using them as a merchant cc account.

cheers

jeff

We have had no problems with PayPal today and they are our main source of revenue. We would notice if there was a wide spread issue.