New table, New layout! Pics+ Video

SubwayHypes

haha whats a japanese n gauge train table without an authentic japanese puppy?  growing up in japan many of my moms friends had shibas so i am pretty familiar with them, they are really fiesty so you gotta keep them in check....an awesome dog IMO...not too big but not small enough to be considered a paris hilton toy dog..as for layout no updates yet still laying track and getting foundation down slowly.  once tracks are running this project should take off because i have dozens of buildings and city scenes sitting in boxes waiting to be installed...

kibacheebashiba.jpg

well the project has hit a hiatus again ive been really busy with work and personal life constructing other projects.....hopefully things will settle down and i can finally finish laying track.

Mudkip Orange

Just send me all your track, trains and scenery. I'll do a custom layout for materials and shipping (no labor cost) in exchange for getting to play with your trains in between working on the scenery.

SubwayHypes

Just send me all your track, trains and scenery. I'll do a custom layout for materials and shipping (no labor cost) in exchange for getting to play with your trains in between working on the scenery.

haha trust me i feel bad having all this in storage but just so much stuff going down.  im trying to build two different business at once and taking care of the new dog and the girlfriend leaves very little time for the layout.  but i have slowly been getting back at it, the recent tragedy in japan has inspired me so ive started to work on the foundation and wiring lately....cant wait to get all these  buildings, trains, and cars on display.

SubwayHypes

shiba inus get around 30 Lbs but mine is a runt lol...such a hyperactive dog..

the layout is currently in storage.....im not sure of its plans at the moment, i honestly just dont have the space in my house its too small...my family does have plans in the future of building a large house on our vineyard acreage up north and im hoping i will be able to relocate it there.    but yeah been very busy with my new career path lately....i help manage and attend to a 30 acre vineyard in northern california my dad recently bought.  i also do alot of farming both indoors and outdoors for medical marijuana patients here in california its legal in case you didnt know.  so making good money but just no time for the layout!  but dont worry i will make sure to post up when i do something.

in the meantime...check out these pictures from the new Nscale magazine...i guess someone in the model train industry heard my telepathic request for more subway layouts!  pretty cool stuff, this is exactly what i had envisioned for my subway part of the layout..

subwayshots001.jpg

subwayshots005.jpg

subwayshots004.jpg

subwayshots003.jpg

• Like 2

yea we get to sample both the grapes and the bud lol...

so good news i found a new home for the layout, so it should be up and running for 2012...sorry about all the delays and being MIA. 

• Like 1
Guest Closed Account 1

That's a great concept.  I like how the subway only runs a portion on the lower table so that it is accessible if it derails. Although I don't have derails when Kato track is used.

had to put the table into storage today so figured id update,  my shiba died in 2012 from kidney disorder, very sad event to say the least.

dogfacekiba_zps7d4461f7.jpg

anyways, my GF has pretty much claimed any free space in my bedroom, i might have another free room in a rental property i could use but its still up in the air.  until then just alot of stocking up of random things, really love the new taxi cab sets they made.

decemberflower005_zpse2b440a8.jpg

decemberflower006_zps204c1354.jpg

Hi Subway!

Sorry to hear about your Shiba.. Shiba are great dogs, i believe it's the same breed as Hachiko? Very loyal, and a very very good companion.. A devastating loss indeed... So sorry about that...

On a lighter note, Nice Taxi fleet! Yes the new taxis made by Tomytec looks very nice! However, i see the thread of having too much taxis again, much like the emergency vehicles, especially after this Checkered Taxi set they had to include MORE taxis into the Car Collection 15 set again...

Just saw the pictures of the actual cars from Collection 15... Very nice, but way way too much taxis....   :cussing:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10209227

SubwayHypes

JUST GOT BACK FROM JAPAN!!   stayed a week in kabukicho,shinjuku at the prince hotel, my hotel had a room right above the tracks with good view of shinjuku station, so i got to sip wine/beer and watch the trains every night!   also did a little shopping hehe.  anyways tokyo was fun, visiting my relatives who stay in shinjuku.  i gained 8 lbs in 9 days, eating tokatsu for breakfast and lots of beer , MOS burger, and sashimi (TORO FIEND) non stop.   japan is a foodies paradise, the bottom floor of odakyu department store in shinjuku has more food than my entire city here in the states. 

anyways here some pics of things i bought, trying to buy the entire Tokyu Toyoko line collection from greenmax, so far have the new module + bought these 2, only need the series 1000/9000 to complete.  also stocking up alot on cars, trucks and buses, im addicted to buying taxis.   i cleared out tokyo hands, tam tam, and AsoBitCity of all their taxis.    it also happened to be "train month" at shibuya tokyu hands, they had almost 100 train sets on sale and tons of extras.  i got this 8 car odoriko for 7500 yen and the 8 car yamanote for 8000 yen, most sets were 10000 yen tops, many in the 6-7000 range.  GOOD TIMING!!

JAPANTRIP2013197_zps1e28c203.jpg

JAPANTRIP2013079_zpsa070abd1.jpg

JAPANTRIP2013078_zpsd1a9f90c.jpg

JAPANTRIP2013077_zps65cbd3db.jpg

JAPANTRIP2013061_zps1c8f5c29.jpg

Edited by SubwayHypes
  • Like 2

sounds like you had a blast! a week of train shopping, playing in tokyo, eating good japanese food, and watching trains run by, what fun! not sure my wife would agree outside the food and maybe playing around tokyo... definitely my idea of a fun week! cheers to you.

jeff

SubwayHypes

hey JR500 il buy all your extra taxis!     i even got 6 more old toyota crowns to make my own custom taxis....they only have orange football and private shell cab for sale completed.  but i made a custom fleet of the lightblue footballs, yellow N cab, and green tokyo tower cabs!

growing up in tokyo i always loved taxis, i would ride around spotting them and counting how many of each cab i would see as a kid.   i want my lay out to have cabs everywhere, especially in the train station area where there is always a big line of them waiting, along with buses.

the eventual goal is for my layout to be featured in the N scale magazine, i KNOW i can do it, just gotta find a spare room and get this thing rolling!

cteno- yeah i took my GF and she wasnt too thrilled with the train shopping, but the food and clothing shopping made her happy.   we went to harajuku and shibuya and did lots of shopping, and also took the train to kamakura to see the big buddha.  overall it was her first visit to japan and she loved it, we are going to make it a yearly vacation.    i also went to phillipines this trip to, did a week in tokyo, week in manila/boracay.  thats a whole different story!

Edited by SubwayHypes

Hi Subway welcome back!

It must have been a smashing great time, watching trains, drinking beer and buying train models! Man do i envy you! Those huals you got there are wonderful! The prices made them even more attractive! So the next time i'm going to Japan i'll plan for the 'Train Month' promotion for Shibuya Tokyu Hands, those prices and sets are definately attractive!

Regarding the taxis, i think we might be able to do some form of a sale or trading, once my Car Collection 15 comes in from HS. I really have TOO many taxis; i have already gotten 2 sets of the Tomytec checked cab, and i also have the Car Collection 12R which also houses alot of taxis, and with this Car Colelction 15, so that will mean my city will be over-run with too many cabs.... Looking for some structures or layout to even things out ~

Wow....what a great trip! How did you pack all your purchases to get back on the plane? Good to hear from you!

SubwayHypes

JR500 sounds good man send me PM with what you want to trade and what you are interested in, i can always pay via paypal.  and yea tokyu hands train month went this month from mid fed to late march...although im sure the best deals were the first few days.  i think maybe it was some old guy selling off his entire collection or something like that, or clearing out old inventory.  not exactly sure, they had a bunch of stuff like magazines, HO scale models, about 100 n scale train sets, and lots of extras like random structures and freight cars, etc.

bernard i just send all my purchases back EMS, my late grandmother was a stamp collector and literally had 50k in un-used stamps when she passed away.   so whenever i visit japan i always send all my gifts back via EMS< it arrives at my house in the states within days of me landing!

subway

you dont bring a big bag back and get a kick out of the customs guys looking at your toys?! my first trip to japan i was not back into trains at that point but loved wind up toys. i collected maybe 50 in my travels around japan and had a medium duffle bag stuffed full that i carried thru. when the customs guy asked what was in the bag i said toys and he replied "i have to see this" with a smile on his face. he literally took 10 minutes looking at them and asking about them. he loved it, i was a bit tired at that point but humored him in showing him my favorites. at one point i think a push, self flying helicopter was going to get confiscated as he liked it almost too much!

there was a British air pilot that was doing the japan run and bringing back one of his air cases full of japanese trains and selling them on ebay for a while there years ago. 

jeff

Hi Jeff:

I think that must have been interesting to watch! But i think the guy waiting behind you in line during the customs inspections wouldn't be so amused, afterall everyone had just dis-embark the plane and feeling tired and cranky and all... However, i do believe airline crews have a restriction on the amount of gifts they can bring back, in-order to curb and prevent re-selling for a profit like the British pilot. My friend is an air-steward for Singapore Airlines and he told me in Sillypore, they can ONLY bring in gifts NOT exceeding SGD$100 in value... Anything above that is subjected to inspection, interviews, and a VERY likelihood of being charged and getting demerit points, which is SERIOUSLY not good for your flight allowances and performance bonuses... He did however, did a ONE MAJOR favour by carrying back the Tomix Via-duct station, BOX AND ALL, in his suitcase and lied that the entire set cost only $99. I was so happy and grateful to him as shipping in such a big set will at least cost me SGD$60 in EMS!

Hi Subway!

Yes i'll definately send you a PM to work something out once i get my Tomytec Car Collection series 15 coming in this month.. the excess taxis are way too much for my city streets to handle.. I'll pack up the excess taxis i'm letting go from Series 12R and 15 and will let you know once i'm ready. Thanks in advance!

Too bad the train month is in Feb-March... I was hoping it would be around April as my next Japan trip will definately wanna cover the Sakura Cherry Blosom season...  

Hi Subway!

As spoken a while back, my Car Collection 15 is finally in from HS! It actually quite a good set, adding in alot of luxury cars (which i'm really lacking) and Minivans for my town! Remember the taxis? I took all of them out yesterday and i actually have a total of 20 taxis!

Looking to perhaps let go some of the black taxis as there are really too many of them. Do send me a PM if you're interested in taking over some of them, or perhaps doing a nice trade for cars. I need some sport cars which i do not have as i missed out the Car Collection 3 which has the Fairladys...

post-819-0-66407500-1365386576_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-41248700-1365386591_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-25455200-1365386608_thumb.jpg