Say hello to Tecchan!

Tecchan

Martijn Meerts

The only problem, especially in the case of tablets, is that people might want to see the regular site, and not some special (often heavily feature limited) version specifically for the device.

There's many discussions going with pros and cons of automatically showing a "mobile" version of a site. Personally I'm still leaning towards giving the user the choice rather than auto-redirecting. I got really annoyed when I visit a site on my iPad, expect the regular version, get some limited iPad version and have no way to switch to the regular version ...

The only problem, especially in the case of tablets, is that people might want to see the regular site, and not some special (often heavily feature limited) version specifically for the device.

There's many discussions going with pros and cons of automatically showing a "mobile" version of a site. Personally I'm still leaning towards giving the user the choice rather than auto-redirecting. I got really annoyed when I visit a site on my iPad, expect the regular version, get some limited iPad version and have no way to switch to the regular version ...

That's the beauty of responsive web design. We don't offer a mobile or a feature limited version: it's the same site with navigation, layout an size optimized to any device.

The only things I removed from the small version are the search box (no one uses it anyway... I decided to see later how to display it) and the share buttons for G+ Twitter and Facebook because they can really slow the site and speed is important on mobile.

I also get annoyed by mobile websites sometimes so I get your point. But I'm annoyed even more when the site is not usable on a mobile device.

Don't worry the site remains the same, it's just the way to display it that changed! ;-)

Kumo - I enjoyed reading your review of the red arrow, you really gave a full breakdown on the pros & cons of the model. Thanks.

New post! :-)

Train depot: RBe 2/4 “Red Arrow”, Hobbytrain

Hobbytrain%20Red%20Arrow.png

Thanks Bernard!

Actually, I really like making those reviews of my trains. I have 2 more sets to do and I'll soon receive my N700-8000. It's a nice way for me to store my thoughts on my trains and I figure it might also help/inform people who want to get the same models.

mod edit: fixed broken link ;)

I went to Trans Expo in Geneva Airport shopping mall this weekend.

I'll make a post on my blog (I made videos, I just wanted to make a movie with it) but I already posted pictures on my Facebook page:

transexpo.png

http://cl.ly/0E1d1p0G173L2A2R3h3L

They had an amazing O gauge layout. Man, those trains are BIG!

If you're on Facebook please "like" Tecchan! :-)

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

0 gauge is a lovely scale actually. Big enough to get amazing details, yet not so big that a small point-to-point/shunting layout is impossible.

I have the Lenz 0-gauge starter set and their v100 loco. Very affordable stuff, not much more expensive than the average Marklin H0 loco. Running characteristics are amazing, as are (most) of the sounds.

• Like 1

I updated Teccahn timeline picture. Do you like it?

tecchan-timeline.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/tecchan.likes.trains

I'm also working on two new posts for the blog but as I just started a new job, I haven't much time left. I received a lot of new trains between Christmas and now and I'd really like to make the train depot posts. And, finally, I was able to work a bit on my tram layout...

So many things to do, so little time to do it...