us shipping

so is the us really slow at processing outwards of the us??

i ordered from model train stuff but ..... still in the processing facility according to the tracker.

was posted on 28 april.

perhaps the tracker wasn't updated I'm not sure but seems slow to me. Maybe they are testing some shrub residue for explosive materials.....

Did you pay for delivery tracking/signature? The number USPS gives isn't always proper a tracking number, sometimes it just shows that the package entered the system. What was the name of the service, you might have payed for the US version of SAL.

i got the cheapest shipping option USPS First-Class Mail International

You do get into your adventures with shipping!  First class mail is never tracked.

lol how can u call it first class mail though???

either way why do I have a tracker saying going to processing facility.

recived at facility and being processed then dies there lol

bikkuri bahn

USPS "first class" mail is in a modern context, a misnomer- it just designates ordinary letter mail and postcards, and places it in relation to second class mail (newspapers/magazines), third class mail (junk mail circulars) and fourth class (books, DVDs and the like).

so is the us really slow at processing outwards of the us??

i ordered from model train stuff but ..... still in the processing facility according to the tracker.

was posted on 28 april.

perhaps the tracker wasn't updated I'm not sure but seems slow to me. Maybe they are testing some shrub residue for explosive materials.....

Only orders sent priority mail get tracked all the way, I have and order sitting in customs in Sydney at the moment.

I had an order from Japan opened by customs once, it had a small packet of sawdust to use as woodchips in a Kawai freight car set.

rpierce000

We won't ship overseas except by Priority Mail for just this reason.

First Class came into being with the Airplane and USED to be Air Mail. You can't ship anything over 13oz domestically. International first class means it goes on a plane, not a boat. I am not even sure if the USPS OFFERS a Sea Mail option any more, I can't find one on their site.

FedEx and UPS are not "insanely overpriced" but volume limited. The PO just moves MANY times more objects and has the benefit of scale. If FedEx moved that much mail, they CLAIM they would cut mail costs by half. FedEx wanted to do this at one point but the USPS was not for sale.

bikkuri bahn
I am not even sure if the USPS OFFERS a Sea Mail option any more, I can't find one on their site.

Nope.  I used to use this to ship heavier items to Japan, not anymore.  Anything heavy I just have to ask my mother to schlep over when she visits.  Thankfully you can use Japan Post's SAL in the opposite direction.

USPS Australian customs has released my package at 11:49am today so sometime over the next week Australia Post should manage to get it to my local post office. The Australia Post tracking system has no record of it yet though they are pretty good at tracking EMS parcels from Japan.

Martijn Meerts

I recently ordered something from M.B Klein as well, but I went with priority. It wasn't that much more expensive, and I do prefer to have decent tracking when ordering from far away. When I track my package I get:

Into Foreign Customs, May 06, 2011, 9:42 am, NETHERLANDS

Arrived Abroad, May 06, 2011, 9:41 am, NETHERLANDS

International Dispatch, May 02, 2011, 4:54 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrival

Processed through Sort Facility, April 30, 2011, 7:13 pm, BALTIMORE, MD 21233

Acceptance, April 30, 2011, 1:12 pm, HUNT VALLEY, MD 21031

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 30, 2011

Everything seems to be reasonably fast. Now it'll just be held up at Dutch customs for 2 weeks :)

The Australia Post tracking system has no record of it yet though they are pretty good at tracking EMS parcels from Japan.

Like you, I ordered from model train stuff and chose the first (least expensive) option for shipping. While it is true that the auspost tracking system has no records, calling their contact center will help. They can provide you the details as long as it has reached Australia and all scanning at various transit points are recorded. They can even tell you if it as been scanned in at the local delivery center (Post Office). And if it has reached the local post office, the next day it usually is on-board with driver for delivery. Though it is snail mail as compared to the other options, a signature during delivery is mandatory and identification is required at the local post office if you go in to collect. So, I found it to be secure and least expensive while ordering from mts.

BTW...mine shipped on 26th and arrived on Friday last week. I however was out of town and to go and collect it from the PO.

Delivered Abroad, May 09, 2011, 12:34 pm, AUSTRALIA

Attempted Delivery Abroad, May 06, 2011, 2:45 pm, AUSTRALIA

Attempted Delivery Abroad, May 06, 2011, 2:20 pm, AUSTRALIA

Attempted Delivery Abroad, May 06, 2011, 8:28 am, AUSTRALIA

Out of Foreign Customs, May 03, 2011, 4:17 pm, AUSTRALIA

Into Foreign Customs, May 02, 2011, 10:37 pm, AUSTRALIA

Arrived Abroad, May 02, 2011, 10:37 pm, AUSTRALIA

International Dispatch, April 28, 2011, 2:41 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrival

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 27, 2011

Processed through Sort Facility, April 26, 2011, 5:51 pm, BALTIMORE, MD 21233

Acceptance, April 26, 2011, 11:54 am, HUNT VALLEY, MD 21031

Darklighter

Everything seems to be reasonably fast. Now it'll just be held up at Dutch customs for 2 weeks :)

I've never been fond of German customs but compared to the Dutch customs they seem to be a blessing.  :grin

Out of Foreign Customs, May 10, 2011, 1:00 pm, GERMANY

Into Foreign Customs, May 10, 2011, 1:00 pm, GERMANY

Into Foreign Customs, May 10, 2011, 12:20 pm, GERMANY

Arrived Abroad, May 10, 2011, 12:19 pm, GERMANY

International Dispatch, May 08, 2011, 3:15 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrival

Acceptance, May 06, 2011, 12:20 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030

Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 06, 2011

Hmm so. Could be in for a bit longer wait then. Oh well guess I can't do much bout that. Can't wait for my lights on eBay though been wanting to get the road done for ages.

Martijn Meerts

Dark, the status of my package is still "Into Foreign Customs", had that status since May 6 ;)

Darklighter

Dark, the status of my package is still "Into Foreign Customs", had that status since May 6 ;)

Mine has been delivered - to the local customs office. :lipssealed:

got mine today :) now to start clumping my mountains.

next order i am waiting for is my LEDS and street lamps then I will do my streets.

I still havn't decided on a good green to use for the baseball field grass. Think I need to go into the local shop so I can see the colors to make sure i get the right shade.

Martijn Meerts

My GG1 arrived last friday, so 7 days at customs.. Not that bad, stuff from Japan is usually there for a full 2 weeks...

Picking-up this thread eighteen months on!

I recently ordered from the US (to Britain), with tracked USPS Priority Mail International Parcels. The first time I have ordered form the US. Tracking shows all the to be expected movements from posting on 3 November until 0815 on Monday 5 November (processed through USPS sort facility at Chicago) - but no change in the five days since. Is it normal for there to be a delay in leaving the US?

My experience with orders from Japan is that parcels are dispatched within a few hours of arriving at Tokyo. Normally any 'silences' in the tracking are owing to awaiting processing through the British parcels hub at Coventry.

Picking-up this thread eighteen months on!

I recently ordered from the US (to Britain), with tracked USPS Priority Mail International Parcels. The first time I have ordered form the US. Tracking shows all the to be expected movements from posting on 3 November until 0815 on Monday 5 November (processed through USPS sort facility at Chicago) - but no chance in the five days since. Is it normal for there to be a delay in leaving the US?

Where is the order being shipped from in the US? The east coast?

Tracking shows all the to be expected movements from posting on 3 November until 0815 on Monday 5 November (processed through USPS sort facility at Chicago) - but no chance in the five days since. Is it normal for there to be a delay in leaving the US?

I'm afraid so and hurricane Sandy certainly didn't help. My last delivery from MB Klein (Priority Mail International) spent approx. 12 days in Chicago:

COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030

Electronic Shipping Info Received

October 18, 2012

Processed Through Sort Facility

October 20, 2012, 5:49 am

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Processed Through Sort Facility

November 01, 2012, 11:38 am

GERMANY