no modelling for a bit

scott

Took kid and bikes to skate park, i endo'd onto asphalt, broke 3rd metacarpal in right (good) hand, now in big splint. so much for finishing my farmhouse weathering project  :grin

scott,

ouuuuch! hope all mends well fast! if it was anders he would be cracking his knuckles in a couple of weeks, but us old fogies take more time to heal...

lemme guess you were showing off riding on your front tire or doing a 3.5 flip, which was it?!

best wishes

jeff

lordwinslow2

Something about like this, was it?:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/12/28/

Walk it off, walk it off...

Well Scott, now you can guilt your kids into helping you with your projects.  After all they must be guilty about what happened, use that to your advantage.  Don't over do it, you don't want to be sent to an old folks home in Alaska in your golden years...

Winslow

alas, i was only doing a simple drop; nothing worthy of a fancy name.

alaska sounds good, though...

Just natures way of telling you to leave stuff like that to the youngsters Scott  :grin

Hope it heals quickly for you

Scott - it's official Spring is here....this is the time of year when I usually visit the emergency room room.

Hope your prognosis goes well and you heal quickly.

Mudkip Orange

Hey, props for gettin' out and playing instead of just sitting on the bench like a lamer whlie your kids do 180s.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

I've been wanting to get my mountainbike to the shop for a good checkup for a while, but somehow I never get around to it.. Definitely need to man up and do it though, it's a shame to have it just sitting there calling dust ;)

Mudkip Orange

I've been wanting to get my mountainbike to the shop for a good checkup for a while, but somehow I never get around to it.. Definitely need to man up and do it though, it's a shame to have it just sitting there calling dust ;)

I bike to work sometimes. Morning inbound is all downhill, I just accelerate to about 20-30 or so and merge with traffic. Funnnn.

Afternoon is, of course, all uphill. I huff and puff through residential streets while black children stare at me from porches.

That thing must work great, esp. since there are never any sharp objects in traffic accidents...

Martijn Meerts

Biking to work uphill on my bike isn't recommendable.. It's designed to go down slopes of uneven terrain :) I did ride it to and from work a few times back in Norway though, VERY exhausting ..

Biking to work uphill on my bike isn't recommendable.. It's designed to go down slopes of uneven terrain :) I did ride it to and from work a few times back in Norway though, VERY exhausting ..

not very many opportunities for lots of downhill in central netherlands now though! like mountain biking in florida...

sorry could not resist!

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Yeah, in the Netherlands I'm going to have to find some man-made hilly mountain bike trials.. Although, we do have some quite hilly area's in the south, there's even professional cycling going on there :) Tour de France has even been through there I believe (and don't ask me what the Tour de France is doing outside of France, I never figured that out either ;))