Going to Eindhoven next month

lordwinslow2

lordwinslow2

Nice, thanks for the info.  I have been to their website before, would be nice to visit. 

Winslow

lordwinslow2

The shop was closed yesterday, so I am going to get up early tomorrow and make my way there.  Getting to Venlo is easy enough, there is an IC train every 30 from Eindhoven.  The EuroBahn route is a bit more tricky but I should be able to make it ok.  Figure if I start early enough I should be good in case i get lost or need to make a detour. 

Winslow

lordwinslow2

Hmm going to be a difficult trip, getting to Venlo is easy as there is a train every 30 from Eindhoven, Getting to Kamen is a bit more difficult and timing for when the store is open is an issue as well.  Working numbers now.

Winslow

Martijn Meerts

You could always send him an email, or better, give him a call. He's fairly flexible with when he opens/closes his store. If he knows you're coming, he'll make sure he's there :)

Having a quick look, in Venlo you'll want the Eurobahn going to Viersen (leaving from track 1a in Venlo, arriving on track 2 in Viersen). In Viersen you need to change trains to the "Regional Express" leaving from track 5 which will bring you to Kamen. You'd have 4 minutes to get from track 2 to track 5.

Those are the numbers if you take the 10:05 train to Viersen from Venlo btw, which means you'll need the 9:02 train from Eindhoven to Venlo. That one arrives 9:43 in Venlo, so you have plenty time there to make it to the Eurobahn train.

lordwinslow2

You could always send him an email, or better, give him a call. He's fairly flexible with when he opens/closes his store. If he knows you're coming, he'll make sure he's there :)

Having a quick look, in Venlo you'll want the Eurobahn going to Viersen (leaving from track 1a in Venlo, arriving on track 2 in Viersen). In Viersen you need to change trains to the "Regional Express" leaving from track 5 which will bring you to Kamen. You'd have 4 minutes to get from track 2 to track 5.

Those are the numbers if you take the 10:05 train to Viersen from Venlo btw, which means you'll need the 9:02 train from Eindhoven to Venlo. That one arrives 9:43 in Venlo, so you have plenty time there to make it to the Eurobahn train.

That is what I came up with too as the best route.  I am not the fastest mover (bum leg) but 4 minutes to go from platform to platform may be a bit much.  Depends on how well the station is laid out.  Regardless I should be fine even if I get the later train.  I sent an email to them telling them I expect to be there around noon.  So I should be good, now after doing the train things is there a nice place to eat there?

Winslow

lordwinslow2

From talking with the NS Highspeed agent in Eindhoven.  There are engineering works tomorrow in Germany which means buses.  Not fond of that after my fun trip when I got here.  So I am out tomorrow, most likely going to head to Amsterdam.

Winslow

Martijn Meerts

Yeah, bus is definitely not a great way to travel ...

Amsterdam is probably going to be VERY crowded tomorrow, what with the good weather and all :)