Ebay - Ace_Of_Bicycle

The_Ghan

FYI

I noticed Ace has pulled all his items from Ebay in the last 24 hours.  A pity considering he often stocks difficult to get items.  I've spent $1,150 with him myself in just the last 6 months.  I've sent him a PM to see what's happening.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Further,

It apparently has something to do with the earthquake, even though he has only stopped trading from yesterday.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Strange, he must have put items back up and then taken down - after the earthquake I checked a couple of times and he had no items listed at all, just a message about temporary disruptions due to it.

Hi Folks,

Out of the blue I received an email from Ace, or at least his email: navi@ivanwong.com

He says everything is OK now but didn't elaborate on any details of the "problem" and he thanked me for my concern.  Also, there was no mention whether the eBay store would be reopening.

It appears, at least, that Ace is alive.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I received another email from him just moments ago.  He says "we are working now" but I checked his eBay store and there are no items for sale.  I guess he'll be back on line soon.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Ghan,

If you get another e-mail from ACE, tell him that there are many people that will be very happy to have him back online on eBay and it is great that he is okay. Mmmmm can't wait to start placing orders when ACE comes back online :D

None, but I just sent him another email.

He's missed out on about $5k from me over the year.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I hope he is still willing to resell stuff. It would be hard for anyone to jump back into business after something like the earthquake and tsunami hitting. But if he is able to re-open his store he  will definately get sales out of me.

I just got word back from Ivan (Ace).

Apparently he is now called Japan-World-Store on ebay.  I checked out his range, which is quite comprehensive, but I'm disappointed in the pricing.  For example, I just picked up a brand new MicroAce A2272 Seseragi 485 series Joyful train from another supplier for $160 including shipping.  JWS is asking over $200 for the train only.  Still, if there is something you need that other suppliers don't have in stock, chances are you'll find it at JWS.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Good to see he's back. But I have never purchased from him because of the prices and the no returns accepted policy.  But if I win the lottery...

Ha, last week i noticed how much japan world store had in n scale. makes sense now. not the greatest prices, but like ghan says if you want something you cant find elsewhere... wonder if my galaxy express 999 really is worth $450?!

jeff

Oh decided to give up N and go th HO. I just ordered the 16car n700 in HO.

He seens to be aiming at you guys down under now.

Jeff

• Like 1
Guest JRF-1935

I too am glad Ace (Ivan) is back ( Japan World Store) but I have to agree with The Ghan.  His current pricing is not in line - a little too pricey for me.