Prices of N SCALE going up????

SubwayHypes

subwayhypes, sounds like a good purchase there ... i have to keep reminding myself to include shipping in estimating how much an item will cost me  ;D

a little out of topic, but I can't help but wonder what will happen if everyone here uses esnipe to bid on the same ebay item with the same maximum bid, who would win the auction??? Just curious, that's all....

well lets say someone had a esnipe at 200, while mine was at 210.

instead of me getting that deal for $180, i would have had to pay 200 Plus shipping.

Martijn Meerts

Newhall is a bit weird, they tend to listen items as being in stock while in reality they don't have them in stock after all, but they are in stock somewhere in Japan.

Their prices also very a LOT, for example, the Doraemon train I bought there was a fairly standard price (probably a little above average for non-Japanese stores), but some other sets are easily twice as expensive as anywhere else. They're often the more common sets too ;)

CaptOblivious

yea i saw it on hobby search but its not in stock, i NEEDED this set and i am very happy with the deal.  also hpobbysearch price in dollars is $177+ 30 shipping, i got mine for $188 shipped.   

I know they will be releasing another set in a few months for about the same price, but i need it NOWW!  i was looking for e217 for a long time.  i was willing to pay over 200$ so im satisfied.  Now its time to search for expansion cars.  Will the Tomix E217 look the same as kato?

Fair enough. You got it for a good bit less than you were willing to pay, and that is worthwhile.

Kato and Tomix use incompatible couplers for their EMUs. You'll have to expand it with Kato cars, unfortunately.

I just came across these 2 auctions on eBay and this is a perfect example of people getting into a bidding war.

There are 2 Orient Express sets for sale and they are going to end about the same time. Look at the one with a "Buy it Now" icon it also had a starting bid of 200.00 USD and the other which started out at 29.99 USD.

It will be interesting to see the final price in 2 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170284306937

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280290566825

CaptOblivious

yea i saw it on hobby search but its not in stock, i NEEDED this set and i am very happy with the deal.  also hpobbysearch price in dollars is $177+ 30 shipping, i got mine for $188 shipped.   

I know they will be releasing another set in a few months for about the same price, but i need it NOWW!  i was looking for e217 for a long time.  i was willing to pay over 200$ so im satisfied.  Now its time to search for expansion cars.  Will the Tomix E217 look the same as kato?

You might be interested in this :D That new set is out this week!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10074229

nice that set looks like what i want, however i dont really need another green car because i already have two.  If they had an unmotorized set with 2 end cars and two regular passenger cars i would buy that in a heartbeat.  THe add on 4 car set also has an extra green car, are these the only 3 they are releasing for e217 yokosuka?  I also really want the e217 Tokaido line but the reservation is already closed on that one.

i am also looking for an e531 joban line expansion set, but release is in january.  this month alone i have spent close to $1000 on N scale stuff, i had to sell a few of my collector Air Jordans to cover the tab!!

nice train, the super hitachi is  a staple in japanese trains in my opinion, such a timeless design.

do you have any other pictures/videos of your set in action?  do you have the 7+4 set??  once i get mine i will definately be shooting some video of it running in tandem with my Joban line commuters.

I have the 7 car set which I converted to DCC and is easy to do.

CaptO has also asked me to take a video of my layout running but at the moment I don't have a video camera (a little embarrassing since I'm a filmmaker by profession) but I will try to borrow one when I go Upstate, NY to work on the layout.