New Trains Appear on Layout

Kamiyacho

Some new DCC trains are now running on my layout.  Although making scenery is more my thing, I have to say that just watching that little tram move slowly across the country side is really great fun.  And the lighting on some of these trains is really spectacular - adding figures inside the Super View Odoriko is on my list of future projects.

post-396-13569927598903_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927599445_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927600017_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927600345_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Looks awesome!

With better camera and lights (maybe try to do the pictures with a tripod and set the ISO on minimum.) it would look even better.

You mentioned something about trains in your topic??  Sorry can't see any trains, too much amazing scenery.

Do you have a blog or site with more pictures of your layout? I need more!

@David:  I didn't do the DCC installation myself but my understanding is that the 205 was not DCC ready.  However, I think that was the easiest of the group to do.  I am in awe of those with good eyesight and soldering skills.  Scenery also does not seem to require the same fine motor skills.

@Kumo:  Yes, I really should get out the "serious" camera and tripod. However, I find the little Coolpix useful because (1) I am usually just taking the pictures for myself and (2) it is small enough that you can set it within the landscape and get photos from more angles. Perhaps after we show the JRM layout next weekend I'll have time to take some better pictures.

Meanwhile here are a few more pictures from the cheap camera. People are beginning to appear in greater numbers - probably 300 so far but hundreds or thousands yet to go. 

post-396-13569927601905_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927602456_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927603069_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927603641_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Curt - I love the little stories (scenes) that pop up every time you post a photo....now there's a wedding!

Claude_Dreyfus

Yes, this is a very impressive model. I also like the little details that make this something special.

Incidentally, are those white taxis readily available, or has someone been a bit clever with the paint brush?

Incidentally, are those white taxis readily available

The white taxis were in Basic Set B - I've got about 15 of them and 14 of the yellow taxis.

kevinrandell

I really like the grass and shrubs, I think I went a bit over the top on my layout and could have left a bit more ground. Adding some Sakura adds a nice accent as well.

Cheers,

Kev

CaptOblivious

The reflections in the glass really make that shot. Is there a mirror behind the plastic glazing? Or is the plastic really that reflective?

Wow!  How did I miss this thread for so long!  Glad you replied so I got a chance to see your work Kamiyacho!

I only take credit for the "top layer" as CMR did the basics.  Since then I have changed a few of their things and added more trees, shrubs, weeds, rocks, buildings, signs, fences, vehicles, figures, etc.  The little details are the part I really like.

Thought I would try to start learning some functions of the fancy digital camera (Nikon D5000).  Here are a few photos of the new Grand Hikari in various places on the layout.  There are so many camera features - I still have a lot to learn.

post-396-13569927877872_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927878517_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927879119_thumb.jpg

post-396-1356992788005_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569927881336_thumb.jpg

• Like 4