Japan - Rainbow Ten

bill937ca

not sure if anyone noticed but theres a lot of items on sale in rainbox ten.

to find go to car seach sale box and n trains

some interesting models

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10080012 J.R. Series 14/24 `Sayonara Naha Akatsuki` (14-Car Set) 30% off

for example and lots of other greats and hard to finds

Yes,

I sifted through the RainbowTen specials last weekend.  I decided not to buy anything, for reasons that will shortly be revealed in a separate post under "N Gauge".

I check HS, RT and BanzaiHobbies every week or so for specials.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I check HS, RT and BanzaiHobbies every week or so for specials.

Bad news as this usually causes me to buy things that I don't really want/need.  :cool:

• Like 1

to find go to car seach sale box and n trains

Sorry to be thick as a whale omelette, but could someone explain to me again in very simple English how to find the specials?

go to the trains section in shopping cart view.

theres a sales box with a circle. select that then choose the manufacturer from the drop down box and hit search.

It will show all sale items of that manufacturer.

1.  Go to http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/

2. Click "English Page"

3. Click "Shopping"

4. Click "Shopping Cart System"

5. Click "Trains" Button ... will take you here: http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/R10/R10gelinktrain.html

6. Click "Sale" option below "Trains" button;

7. Choose your manufacturer from the list (remember "TOMY" = Tomix) and click "Search"

Cheers

The_Ghan

VEry large bummer, Rainbow Ten will be shutting down the mail order business jan 31, 2012 due to downsizing the business for financial reasons.

this is a big bummer. I did a lot of pre-orders with rainbow ten over the years and they were always a champ!

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/news/salenotice.htm

news came from doug coster. its up on their fb page now apparently and hes posted it to jrforum.

jeff

Looks like a lack of English speaking staff led to the decision.  Bummer.  One less source. The brute strength of the Yen does not help either.

Detailed timetable of store close down:

Regular operation : till 23rd January 2012

Last order acceptable : 23rd January 2012

No new order acceptable : from 23rd January 2012 till ever

Web site closure : 23rd January 2012 at about AM 9:00

Facebook account [shinichiro Tanaka] to erase : 23rd January 2012

Last shipping date : 30th January 2012

Mail comminucation stop : from 31st January 2012 till ever

No English Speaker available : from 1st Feb 2012

(This schedule might be adjusted in the course of time)

:crybaby2:

that's for me a DISASTER! a really Tsunami, I've no more word.

Mr.Nao , after 10 years of business, is like a friend for me, he really help and support me, I don't think that without R10 my collection was possible.

I hope that something change before feb.2012, I can't belive I lose all this....

Ciao

Massimo

Looks like a lack of English speaking staff led to the decision...  

I disagree Bill.  I believe they are simply putting off the English speaking staff, who are presumably only required for international mail order.

I suggest the strong Yen and the state of the US economy are the two factors most likely to blame.  

Cheers

The_Ghan

Don't forget Banzai Hobby.  They stock a limited range of Kato stuff.

Cheers

The_Ghan

A limited range of Kato stuff would be better than nothing if a worst case scenario comes to pass, but it doesn't really cut it after you see everything else that is available. Hopefully with others closing down the extra business going to HS will keep them in the foreign order business.

I was just thinking today that I don't spend as much time seeking out hobby shops while I'm in Japan these days because I can get what I want on the internet and spend my time in Japan chasing real trains but if this is a growing trend it might be back to the 'good old days'.

CaptOblivious

Don't forget Banzai Hobby.  They stock a limited range of Kato stuff.

Cheers

The_Ghan

A limited range of Kato stuff would be better than nothing if a worst case scenario comes to pass, but it doesn't really cut it after you see everything else that is available. Hopefully with others closing down the extra business going to HS will keep them in the foreign order business.

I was just thinking today that I don't spend as much time seeking out hobby shops while I'm in Japan these days because I can get what I want on the internet and spend my time in Japan chasing real trains but if this is a growing trend it might be back to the 'good old days'.

My thoughts exactly, combined with the fact that HS's discounts aren't as good as many retail outlets physically located in Japan...

I was just thinking today that I don't spend as much time seeking out hobby shops while I'm in Japan these days because I can get what I want on the internet

Where I live there is only one big hobby shop in the whole prefecture (roughly the size and GDP of Denmark!) that even carries HO scale, and that's in Asahikawa- 2 hours away by ltd. express train and then a bus ride- yuck!  No dedicated model trains-only shop in Sapporo (Yodobashi and Bic Camera have some N, but don't do HO), remarkable for a metro area with a population of 2 million or so. As HO scale is scarce at many model rr shops anyway, I make most of my purchase on the internet- and at least there I can get up to date info on limited runs that often don't even end up the shelves at bricks and mortar businesses.  I do make purchases at Mach Hobby in Osaka when I'm there(best stock of HO I've seen anywhere to date), but otherwise it's the internet for me- I don't waste my time looking for obscure model rr shops when most of the time I'll be disappointed in their selection (if they even have anything), like westfalen, I'd rather ride and chase trains.

it is sad to hear another Japanese Web store is closing down, and I have notified the AJMRG members about this in which some members have orders already with them.