Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

bnicolas1987

Thank you for this answers, as I haven't the kato catalogue I didn't know they was in project. Are they comming in a set or as three sigle pieces?

they don`t give that detail sorry Nicolas.

They just show it as coming soon in grey.

i will send you a picture. so please wait.

That roundhouse will be a nice addition to the turntable already released.

That big American thing has been advertised on the KatoUSA site for a few weeks.  It truly is an awesome model.

Guest keio6000

Kato is making an odakyu 3100?  cool!  While I already have the complete microace collection of romance cars except for the 60000, i think this is wondeful news that kato is making this iconic train.

i see we've also entered the realm of a 25000 JPY list price n scale locomotive :(. 

Edited by keio6000

Kato are releasing the ED19 which was one of the freight locos used on the Iida Line. The MA version was too long so I presume the Kato one will be to the true length. 

The original was imported from the USA in 1926. I think it was Class ED53 first.

Kato is making an odakyu 3100?  cool!  While I already have the complete microace collection of romance cars except for the 60000, i think this is wondeful news that kato is making this iconic train.

i see we've also entered the realm of a 25000 JPY list price n scale locomotive :(. 

Kato's American trains always cost more than their Japanese ones when you buy them in Japan, prices in Tokyo hobby shops are about what we pay in Australia, which is almost twice what you'll pay at a U.S. shop.  American online dealers are taking orders for the UP 4-8-4 from around $200.

I think we get spoiled by the cheap prices of Japanese trains.

The ED19 will be on my shopping list.

Edited by westfalen
Krackel Hopper

HobbySearch decided to sneak this pre-order up today.

Kato - Roundhouse : E3 Toreiyu Tsubaba (6 car set)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10291673

post-180-0-95582700-1410013500_thumb.jpg

I really thought Tomix was going to be the one to do this.  Now is the dilemma of pre-ordering or not.  I would prefer the Tomix set as I'm a sucker for the all wheel pickup and I'm a DC runner so I'm not concerned about DCC compatibility.

I waited too long on the East-i and it sold out during pre-order.. now that set is near impossible to find.

I'll have a few days to think it over while MTP & Loco1 get their pre-orders up.

Edited by Krackel Hopper
  • Like 1

I really thought Tomix was going to be the one to do this.  Now is the dilemma of pre-ordering or not.  I would prefer the Tomix set as I'm a sucker for the all wheel pickup and I'm a DC runner so I'm not concerned about DCC compatibility.

I waited too long on the East-i and it sold out during pre-order.. now that set is near impossible to find.

My Sentiments exactly!

I'm also wanting for the Tomix to release this, or even better, the other livery (the purple and white one) with power couplers. I'm a total sucker for the power coupler system which was what made me change my E-series fleet, or in fact all my shinkansens, to all Tomix with power coupler system whenever possible. I really hope Tomix will release this or the other livery with power coupler.

So now i'm totally undecided whether or not to grab this while it last? Or to wait for Tomix which is an uncertain answer... All missing this totally like how I missed the East-I too...

If my financial situation wouldn't be so bad at the moment, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. A very nicely made model, though I'd rather had seen a version with Tokyo Metro logos.

If my financial situation wouldn't be so bad at the moment, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. A very nicely made model, though I'd rather had seen a version with Tokyo Metro logos.

Oooh, it's in Eidan-era design? Want.

Modelled as it would have been around 1979, when through-running on the Odakyu line started:

昭和54年(1979)前後、代々木上原へ延伸後の小田急線直通運転開始後の時代設定で、非冷房、2段窓で活躍した姿をプロトタイプに再現。

Oooh, it's in Eidan-era design? Want.

Modelled as it would have been around 1979, when through-running on the Odakyu line started:

Yep, just look at the green circle logo and the lack of proper a/c units. The strange thing though is that the Eidan logo is actually a body-moulded and painted part and not a decal. At least that was what I could make up from looking at it up close and pictures on the net. Kato would have to modify the body moulds to make a modern era version. It's kind of a MicroAce-esque approach which I wouldn't expect from Kato.

Edited by Toni Babelony

i want to convert it to KCJ livery so.. even uncolored is acceptable :P

5880989115_9841c6f64f_z.jpg

• Like 2
Krackel Hopper

New Kato E3-700 E3-700 and paint scheme (10-937).[/size]

It still looks like a Hippopotamus.[/size]

Still a bummer that Kato is not truly making this train. They are just using a standard E3 komachi body with the new paint and not doing the new E3-700 window arrangement.