Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Question have I missed the announcement of the following items: https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/ss_jnr_fc set 10-012 & https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/c11_2017 C11 2021 both are scheduled for this July as I'm interested in a C11 and I think that there's a few others here wanting one or more.
Of cause I discover it while trying to find information about a product Kato Japan hates, HO Unitrack specifically new straight lengths and the hidden expander track

@Rod.H Both were included in the March 2022 poster. The C11 is just a re-release by the way. Pretty good model I think.

Edited by Yavianice
maihama eki
On 4/28/2022 at 12:13 AM, disturbman said:

New Kato posters before the Golden Week, we know now why Popondetta cancelled it's Tokyo Metro 17000 & 18000 series.

I immediately thought the same.

I wanted to order the Popondetta 17000, and was waiting until I received the Popondetta Tsukuba Express TX-3000 that I had ordered. When I did receive the TX-3000 and was happy with the quality, I went to reserve the 17000 and ... what? terminated? Now we know the "various reasons" mentioned in the Popondetta terminataion notice.

https://maker.popondetta.com/maker/?page_id=2054

I think it's finally time to order an E7. It'll be my first Shinkansen to order as a half train. I've always wanted one of these. Not sure why I waited so long.

3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I think it's finally time to order an E7. It'll be my first Shinkansen to order as a half train. I've always wanted one of these. Not sure why I waited so long.

Go ahead! It’s a very nice Shinkansen. I like the shape of the nose and the color scheme.

I purchased the Kato E7 Kagayaki (10-1264 and 10-1265) a few years ago and it is very nice 😊.

Edited by Madsing
  • Like 1

A new version of the Kato FL12 DCC decoder for headlights/taillights is available: FL12N.

It allows to dim the lights when the train stops and (if I understand well), under the control of a CV.

https://www.e-katomodels2.com/shop/g/g29-352A/

https://www.rail-navi.jp/fl12n-先行発売のお知らせ

Online manual: https://www.rail-navi.jp/fl12n説明ページ

Edited by Madsing
Added more links
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Madsing said:

A new version of the Kato FL12 DCC decoder for headlights/taillights is available: FL12N.

Personally wouldnt care the dimming, but finally two in one Package. I wonder if these are still in partnership with digitrax.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wolf said:

Personally wouldnt care the dimming, but finally two in one Package. I wonder if these are still in partnership with digitrax.

I am interested in the dimming function, but more importantly I hope that this is a sign that updated decoders (EM13 and FR11) are coming. This guy http://maison-dcc.sblo.jp/article/189463977.html has looked at the way they are built and it looks like it’s an entirely new design. 

• Like 3
On 4/30/2022 at 7:57 PM, gavino200 said:

Will there be any differences between this set and the previous E7 release or is this just a reissue? 

2 hours ago, cplchanb said:

Will there be any differences between this set and the previous E7 release or is this just a reissue? 

It’s a re-release of the first E7 model Kato did in late 2014.

• Like 1

I've never been a huge fan of the 300 but certainly if Kato are producing one, I will probably preorder one. Nozomi services started with the 300 series on March 14th 1992 according to info (waiting for @200系to correct me 😃)so the official date anniversary has passed. Certainly a more exciting announcement, even though my interest in bullets is less than many other forum members.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Kamome, *clears throat* Well, actually...

...you'd be correct. How utterly boring!😒 *drops pitchfork*

On 5/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, Kamome said:

even though my interest in bullets is less than many other forum members.

Not a big fan of bullets either, I do love shinkansen though.😉

Edited by 200系
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 5/11/2022 at 2:42 AM, GCS said:

Well I didn’t see this coming from Kato…

This is a great announcement as I always wanted too see how a KATO 300 Series would look. The MicroAce was always the best one as far as I’m concerned apart from the wide spaces between cars but now it should be interesting to see if KATO can outmatch the detail and create a closer car connection. I’m also curious if the model will be of the JR Central 300 “0” J series specification or the JR West “3000” F spec. The description says they are modeling the 3rd batch but the West (F6-9) and Central (J16-23) sets are both part of the 3rd batch. The promotional picture shows the West 3000 F formation so it may possibly be that version. Now I also have to decide between buying this, the new MicroAce 300 3000 with the revised old style pantograph, and the TOMIX 300 0 with the as delivered specification. 😫

• Like 2
jappomania

3 Shinkansen 300 in less than 1 year..... mmmhh my choice to collect "only" Shinkansen at the end was a not so cheap 😭

• Like 3

It looks very good! The separate headlight bulbs under the lens covers are even accurately represented. I think it will be hard to chose this or MicroAce. It also seems they are doing a Soundbox card for it too. 

FFE2611F-EB96-4D81-9460-F9083C7F1251.jpeg

9DEDF650-C6BB-40EB-A0E2-E7B06EEC1C9F.jpeg

Edited by AbaZ33a
  • Like 5
18 hours ago, AbaZ33a said:

It looks very good! The separate headlight bulbs under the lens covers are even accurately represented. I think it will be hard to chose this or MicroAce. It also seems they are doing a Soundbox card for it too. 

FFE2611F-EB96-4D81-9460-F9083C7F1251.jpeg

9DEDF650-C6BB-40EB-A0E2-E7B06EEC1C9F.jpeg

Yeah, that does look really good. I'm tempted to get it even though I already have a Tomix version. It would be nice to have two of these going together in opposite directions.

• Like 1

I feel that this model brings enough improvements to the table (more prototypical lights and chassis) that even Tomix 300 owners will find it worthwhile.  Usually I favor Tomix shinkansen, especially for 16-car formations, because Tomix gives you 2 motor cars and powered couplers. But Tomix has been using almost the same molds for the 300 series since the mid 1990s...they aren't bad but they aren't ideal either. 

Kato's 300 might reach Micro Ace levels of detail for 10-14k JPY less. 

Edited by 1954G