Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Had to pick up the Kyushu DE10 so I can have a dedicated one for pulling the MaYa34 inspection car and keep the other 2 for pulling the Seven Stars. Was going to get the JNR freight car set but I'm trying to move away from going so far out of era. 

4 hours ago, nah00 said:

Had to pick up the Kyushu DE10 so I can have a dedicated one for pulling the MaYa34 inspection car and keep the other 2 for pulling the Seven Stars. Was going to get the JNR freight car set but I'm trying to move away from going so far out of era. 

Rule 1. You know you want it...

Welp, I saw the July releases and thought I was safe, no interest in them!  Then kato goes and pulls the 8620 out...

I knew it was coming eventually!  At least I got time to start saving now...

It is really hard to stick to electric locos with more and more nice steamers coming. But at least the 8054 REMU5000 set fitts  my electric locos, too and had to be preordered. 

On 3/6/2020 at 5:57 AM, roadstar_na6 said:

I wish I had some spare 40.000¥ to spend on the whole Cassiopeia Set 😄

The whole Cassiopeia is a lot less in B-Train Shorties!  We've only gone for the 9-car set so far; may well fill in the remainder after we start playing T-Trak with others and have room to run such a long Shorty train at a show.

38 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Are you thinking of getting three? @Kiha66

I guess with the 8600 release, it’s just a small jump to finally bring out the SL Hitoyoshi

Might see a announcement for a nov/dec release soon. They seem to be doing one big one per year at this time.

Looks amazing!  One of the best pre-productions mockups I've seen, I especially love the wheels that go through the running board! 

Kato will be selling a special 5th anniversary gold power pack at their Tokyo store in honor of, unsurprisingly, the stores 5th anniversary.  

Who else is excited to see these immediately pop up on yahoo auctions for 5x the price in store. 😁

So they have taken all the one Standard S power packs that thet cannot sell due to the SX being released. So they paints these gold and silver and probavly slap on a huge price tag. Smart cos it will actually sell.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Kato will be selling a special 5th anniversary gold power pack at their Tokyo store in honor of, unsurprisingly, the stores 5th anniversary.  

Who else is excited to see these immediately pop up on yahoo auctions for 5x the price in store. 😁

Throw in a few rolls of toilet paper and it will easily go at double that.

(Sadly price-gouging on facemasks has now been banned, otherwise I'd be retiring about 25 year early).

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Now that's what I call a profitable way to get rid of your superfluous S power pack stock... why isn't it the latest SX version????

• Haha 1

Speaking as someone who owns a perfectly good ‘S’ pack, and who’s considering replacing it with an ‘SX’... yeah, I cannot imagine anyone buying an ‘S’ that isn’t some kind of special item. 

Bling Controller! I like the chromed direction switch and throttle but agreed, great way to get rid of the old product.

Kato Kyoto shop do a Hankyu set with a burgundy and gold painted one. 

Is there a hiatus in new releases? The Kato website hasn't shown anything being released since the third of March, and the page hasn't been updated since the 6th.

I'll be astonished if the pandemic doesn't play havoc with their release schedules but it'd be helpful if they made some sort of statement about it. I know admitting failure doesn't sit well with the Japanese psyche but it isn't their fault, and the bulk of their customers understand. We just want to know when we need to have the cash handy for our pre-orders, really!

Companies really don’t know the near future here. I think we can all just wait a bit and we don’t have to know what’s going on with production right now. We all have some trains to play with for the now and now and good to focus on that! Time to dive into those projects sitting there that just need some time and attention!

cheers

jeff

• Like 2