Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

3 hours ago, Steve said:

I saw, the superb Starter Set with D51 and 3 Coaches will re-released.

It is a new release. New engine and coaches. M1 is the same.

No official post yet, but kato announced at the NSC that the NYC 20th centry limited will be coming next year, and the UP Big Boy in 2021.  I'm certainly excited for the big boy, it will be nice to have an N scale steam loco that can actually pull long heavy trains reliably. 

Martijn Meerts

Definitely getting the big boy if Kato does one, although maybe not the first run judging by their FEF3 and GS4 😉

• Thanks 1

Seems November and December are limited to big ticket items, c57 1, sl yamaguchi, and twilight mizukazi.  A few low end starter sets as well.

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf

Yay, that's one bullet I get to dodge mind you Tomix or someone else is bound to take my money.

With the Mizukaze scheduled on November, I am just glad I can dodge more bullets till then! 

But I am sure Tomytec will release some more buses in the near future to grab my money... 

Also, pretty strange why Kato has not jumped onto the N700 Supreme band wagon yet... Tomix already has theirs out this month... 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
On 7/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, Kiha66 said:

No official post yet, but kato announced at the NSC that the NYC 20th centry limited will be coming next year, and the UP Big Boy in 2021.  I'm certainly excited for the big boy, it will be nice to have an N scale steam loco that can actually pull long heavy trains reliably. 

I've got a Hornby Rivarossi UPBigBoy in HO. It pulls all 17 hoppers full of real sand up a wall. It does have two motors in it though.

Claude_Dreyfus

Beat me to in on my edit! There have been persistent rumours about this...Mr Kato has been to a number of shows in the UK, and by all accounts was very taken with the Revolution Pendolino. Fingers crossed, but if they do launch a range, that will be enormously exciting.

• Like 2

I see the KuMoYuNi 74s are returning as well. Wonder if Kato will swap the Rapido couplers for the new type Shibatas in close coupler mounts?

8 hours ago, railsquid said:

Quite likely transcription errors by whoever posted the information.

While the transcription have some errors.  It appears those whoevers have picked up and fixed a few errors and adjusted.  I was referring to the release poster itself.  Which has multiple errors on it.

Edited by katoftw