Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

That's not the best way to gain confidence in speaking English as a second language, talking with people in and around Glasgow. Definitely one of the more difficult accents to understand for anyone semi-versed in the Queens. Maybe he read a few Irvine Welsh books before his trip to become better prepared.😄

Fair play to him though and nice showing off his own mini diorama front and centre.  Quite excited to see the new narrow gauge track and hopefully announcing some other options other than just a loop. "It dis'nae have any points, pal!"

• Like 1
MeTheSwede

While watching I was thinking of how the video played out almost like something made for language learners - both for English and Japanese. 😄

Usually I get lost right away listening to Japanese model train videos, but Kato-san's slow and clearly formed sentences was a joy to listen to.

Welshbloke

The logical move would be to add something like the 150mm radius points they do in N, but with the gentler curves to match the new narrow gauge track. That would work well with a tabletop railway idea (I can see Kato and Peco teaming up to offer starter sets, Peco Ffestiniog "bug box" coaches with Kato providing loco/track/power unit). Just tool a typical narrow gauge buffer stop to go with it and you've got the first Variation set for the new range.

• Like 1

New posters for Kato have been uploaded, covering products for April to August.

• Tokyu Corporation 5050 - Shibuya Hikarie
  • E353 (Best Range) production -no changes
  • E7/W7 Shinkansen
  • 683 series Thunderbird (renewal)
  • 225-100 series A-Seat blue band as well as 3rd Edition Rapid
  • Yo 8000
  • 9mm Narrow gauge track announced but not point-work currently. There is a starter set with controller plus flexi-track and road bed ends to combine Unitrack and flexi.
  • Unitram points are back - That's taken a while.
  • HO - Cold area DD51 in red and JRF livery with JRF mark (the latter formerly only available in 3-001 HO starter set.) 
  • New flex track and cork roadbed for HO and N including Unitrack compatible roadbed ends to connect to regular Unitrack.
Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
ED75-775

Just on break at work and via Hobbysearch email, Kato has announced some more 'new' items for 2024, including a rerun of both variants of Hokkaido D51, matching SeKi 3000 coal hoppers and a new Hokkaido version Yo 3500 brake van. Since I haven't found posters online through the social channels, I won't attempt to post them.

Certainly I'm very excited about the Hokkaido D51s coming back as they're one of the few Kato SLs that were only out for a short time, and therefore command less than reasonable prices online. Plus this time they'll have actual spoke wheels on the leading and trailing truck, plus 'plastic handrails' which has me puzzled, were they not already plastic in the first place?

Alastair

• Like 1
SL58654号
9 hours ago, ED75-775 said:

Just on break at work and via Hobbysearch email, Kato has announced some more 'new' items for 2024, including a rerun of both variants of Hokkaido D51, matching SeKi 3000 coal hoppers and a new Hokkaido version Yo 3500 brake van. Since I haven't found posters online through the social channels, I won't attempt to post them.

Certainly I'm very excited about the Hokkaido D51s coming back as they're one of the few Kato SLs that were only out for a short time, and therefore command less than reasonable prices online. Plus this time they'll have actual spoke wheels on the leading and trailing truck, plus 'plastic handrails' which has me puzzled, were they not already plastic in the first place?

Alastair

That Giesl ejector D51 is certainly on my list. 

On 4/7/2024 at 3:28 PM, ED75-775 said:

plus 'plastic handrails' which has me puzzled, were they not already plastic in the first place?

Material has always been the same, yes, and think this is Kato just highlighting that they’ve modelled this asymmetrical ( i assume freight) front handrail on the D51, not present on some other variants. 

Kato have also announced a 273 in Yakumo orange (bronze) livery for..... wait!      Spring 2025? I hope it’s only the date that’s an “April” announcement and they will actually produce this. 

I would expect it sooner than that since it launches in Spring 2024. I would hope a special card sleeve is coming. 

Edited by Kamome