Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

that been an issue for me with kato of late the way they try to make you purchase 3 seperate packages to get a ful prototypical model.

I know tomix do it but they are not as bad. as they will offer single cars to do you own custom prototype.

not that it matters to me a 16 car + ed would not fit on my track probably the train would almost touch it's back.

To be hohnest i don't like the look of the 381' shinano.

Although the aqua liner is to me very interesting.

There are some really good videos of this on you tube.

here's a 47 on san'in main line

Ooh! That ED16 looks very very attractive! This would be a great addition/replacement for my two ED17 models, as they don't have front platforms. The price seems very fair as well. This is probably one I'm almost certainly buying. It'll be the first motorised KATO model I'll be buying in a new condition. I'm already exited about the potential running qualities.

• Like 1

There might be a couple of ED16's coming my way. I can picture a steam era steam/electric loco change station.

disturbman

Hey guys, just to tell you that I've tried to regroup all the threads about Kato's new releases in one like it has been done with MicroAce's. It would be nice if the new announcements could be posted here. Thanks.

disturbman

Thanks David. I added it to this thread.

On the subject of the post titles. I don't know if it should be said there or in the message body.

Any chance that whenever you guys add announcements, you can also post the links? Thanks.

On another note, the Kato 381 release sounds interesting.. Were it not done to death by Tomix ever since the inception of that company. Still, I guess it'd be an all new mold, so let's see what Kato can make of what is really, a featureless train hahaha (at least on the roofs).

Nick_Burman

If they tout the ED16 can pull the full prototypical train, they should really make the full prototypical train available :)

What line did this loco run on? Iida?

Cheers NB

If they tout the ED16 can pull the full prototypical train, they should really make the full prototypical train available :)

Cheers NB

may be wrong but pre war "Joetsu Chuo Line"  i think during the war and after it was used on the "nambu line" to pull both freight and passenger services.

you can see the number 1 series @ Oume railroad park.

i think some other places carry and the No. 15 Yamanashi Minami Alps City Hall Branch

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%9B%BD%E9%89%84ED16%E5%BD%A2%E9%9B%BB%E6%B0%97%E6%A9%9F%E9%96%A2%E8%BB%8A

I just looked through the photos I took at Ōme Railway Park in 1990 but I must have skipped ED16 1 in favour of the steam locos. ???

From what I gather from the Japanese Wikipedia they finished their lives hauling limestone trains on the Ōme Line until they were replaced by EF64's in the early 80's.

I just like the looks of them, I don't care where they ran. :grin

• Like 2
marknewton

They were built for the Chuo line electrification in 1931. They finished their careers at Tachikawa depot, running on the Nambu, Ome and Itsukaichi lines.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

That kind of attitude could lead one to go broke on new models.

Not that I'm in any danger of that. Certainly not.

• Like 2
marknewton

Whatever you reckon, Scott - we believe you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

i'm excited about this all of a sudden.

I don't generally go for diesels, but that is a nice-looking train.

I was just going to say that Tomix already did this train, but the Kato one is definitely prettier.

I was just going to say that Tomix already did this train, but the Kato one is definitely prettier.

Ifbibremember correctly the tomix one did not have all wheel pick up plus no longer on hs. I'd go to the tomix site to confirm but I'm on iPhone ATM

Nick_Burman

I just looked through the photos I took at Ōme Railway Park in 1990 but I must have skipped ED16 1 in favour of the steam locos. ???

From what I gather from the Japanese Wikipedia they finished their lives hauling limestone trains on the Ōme Line until they were replaced by EF64's in the early 80's.

So do I, rather. But I wanted to know for reference. I have an affinity for JNR's older boxcab electrics because of associations with other locos here in Brazil (see pic*).

*= This is an Alco-GE loco, Paulista Railway also had Baldwin-Westinghouse 1-B-B-1 locos with a passing resemblance to an ED16. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of one right now...

Cheers NB

post-321-13569928041066_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
marknewton

That's an impressive loco, Nick. I didn't know that the Paulista had anything like this.

Cheers,

Mark.