Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Too bad we don‘t get numbers for all six built machines.

Especially since ED19-1 never ran on the Iida line.

Edited by roadstar_na6

You should get at least 4 numbers with each locomotive, according to usual kato practice.  Usually aftermarket number plates are available to model other locomotives too if you need them.

It looks like Kato is considering releasing red and blue plain unlettered versions of the Hiroshima Type 1000 LEX tram! PWRS

I can't find the official announcement anywhere, and I haven't looked hard to see if there are other places to potentially place a pre-order.

A nice option for anyone looking for some modern trams in some other colours, so hopefully it goes ahead!

Personally I've already got two of the green LEX trams reserved, and only so much space, so I'll sit this one out.

8 hours ago, James-SNMB said:

It looks like Kato is considering releasing red and blue plain unlettered versions of the Hiroshima Type 1000 LEX tram! PWRS

I can't find the official announcement anywhere, and I haven't looked hard to see if there are other places to potentially place a pre-order.

A nice option for anyone looking for some modern trams in some other colours, so hopefully it goes ahead!

Personally I've already got two of the green LEX trams reserved, and only so much space, so I'll sit this one out.

I have only seen the one at PWRS

Edited by Gordon Werner

Bit of a cryptic tweet from Kato but they tweeted yesterday with pictures of the 813 Kyushu trains and a 500 series, then mentioned the 500 Sanyo Shinkansen...maybe they'll

be releasing an 8 car 500 series...

Guy

9B3D2719-6AB8-4974-AA00-3A9DF5AFA31E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GCS said:

maybe they'll be releasing an 8 car 500 series...

I would be very surprised if they will since it requires a new mold for the pantograph assembly... Though maybe they will consider it now since it's still running in 8 configuration and TOMIX has churned out a lot of variations.

12 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I would be very surprised if they will since it requires a new mold for the pantograph assembly... Though maybe they will consider it now since it's still running in 8 configuration and TOMIX has churned out a lot of variations.

Who knows, Tomix are doing a new version of the 8 car, might be nice to see what Kato do, or at least more Kyushu trains! 😍

Guy

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

I dont really get the vibe that Kato is releasing a 500 series. Just seems like a passing comment when referencing the 813 series.

I could be reading way too much into the post, just seems odd to then have a photo of a 500 series as well...bit of a tease for me lol.

Guy

• Like 1

The 230 series looks awesome, I certainly will be picking up a set!  The HO 43 coaches are also welcome news, now I can wait to spread out my HO purchases to add to my recent locomotive acquisitions.   Also will be preordering the yo 5000 this time, they sold out before I could get any and I don't fancy paying over $50 for a $20 car.

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/poster/images/202010011923205f75ae18d7c54/2021-2b.jpg

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/poster/images/202010011920545f75ad868beec/2021-2a.jpg

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/poster/images/202010021103545f768a8a6241a/2021_spr.jpg

Those Oha 47s were expected so I’ll probably grab some along with the Ohafu 33s.

There must be some Kato spies on this forum. Kato please just take my cash! 

• Haha 1
roadstar_na6

Luckily nothing for me this time 😄 

@JR 500系, I guess you should be able to get it for 20-25% less at some retailers, which is in the reasonable range for a limited 8 car set with special edition box, I guess 🙂

Kinda wish they would make the E259 with different numbers this time, not just a re-release. and removable doors, which we will never get. O well.

• Like 1

Check price, sharp intake of breath... 😶 Order placed for a Saphir Odoriko. 

Not my area or period but the Kotoden 30 series is one pretty looking train.

Martijn Meerts

The 30 and 230 look like they would fit rather well on my (non-existent) rapid / local line, but I wasn't going to buy anything new for a while. I'm not pre-ordering anything, but we'll see what happens once they get released 🙂

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Kinda wish they would make the E259 with different numbers this time, not just a re-release. and removable doors, which we will never get. O well.

I completely agree. I might consider buying a second one anyway to run a double consist. I love the Nex but a single just looks too short. If it were a new release with different numbers I wouldn't even hesitate. 

Edited by gavino200
13 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yes the Sapphire Odoriko! Certainly a must get! But ouch that price..... reaching that of MA or GM standards.....

It looks like it's a set with two boxes. But I can't work out how many cars the train has. If it's a long train then the price isn't too bad.

Yeah i mean we all complain about prices but i guess you and I know i will still simply jump right in to pre-order it.....  😛

Now to wait for the arrival of the E257-2000 Odoriko.... It's wierd it came in a 7 + 2 set.... interesting really.... Thought it would be like Kato's usual 4car basic and a 5 car add-on like the E353.... 

It's really nice though ~

• Like 4