Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

This is not announced for January. It is announced for spring. The final date is yet to be determined. KATO and TOMIX often do this to tempt/tease people 

3 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Wow! the exact two trains I need to finish my line up. I'm happy, my wallet not so much.

Uh, your line-up is never "finished"  🙂😉

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

The final date is yet to be determined. KATO and TOMIX often do this to tempt/tease people 

By getting posters in every hobby shop in Japan!

6 hours ago, Yavianice said:

This is not announced for January. It is announced for spring. The final date is yet to be determined. KATO and TOMIX often do this to tempt/tease people 

Or being vague in case of delays due to covid.

6 hours ago, chadbag said:

Uh, your line-up is never "finished"  🙂😉

Touché! Temptation always has the upper hand.😔

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Wow! the exact two trains I need to finish my line up. I'm happy, my wallet not so much.

Yeah me too! Especially the 261! I was also wondering why no one did the newer E257 and boom! 

14 hours ago, EdF said:

Why the same month!?  My poor bank account!

OH, just same season.  Maybe a little better, very excited.

Well it might not be in the same month as it is only stated as 'Spring 2021', hopefully they space out a little too as i foresee getting full consists for both sets will be quite a fortune ~  😞

• Like 2

Apparently with the newest KATO 700 release (10-1645 + 10-1646), there are too few "Sayonara" and "Ambitious Japan" stickers included.

KATO will send an extra set of stickers to distributors. If you purchased/pre-ordered one, be sure to ask your place of retail if you  intend to use the stickers.

(the stickers seem to be quite low quality too, and made on a white background which is different than the car body, rather than being transparent).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not much there for me other than those Taki 10600 Myojo Cement wagons. I have an ED19 and I know Kato produced an Iida line freight set with these and the loco included some time ago. Nice that these are finally available separately.

Not the most exciting start to the year. Lots of play it safe options with stuff they already have tooling for.

Edited by Kamome

The HO coaches will be nice, they're almost impossible to find on yahoo auctions now.   Interesting the rural platforms are getting a release without the rural station.  The brown hato also looks good, but seeing as I have the tsubame already I don't see a need to get this similar train too.

7 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Interesting the rural platforms are getting a release without the rural station.

Maybe because the new rural station launches soon?

I‘ll probably be pre-ordering the C62-2, the Hato is a bit out of budget tho, so my 6 regular brown cars will have to do

I see some new RhB stock has appeared in their most recent poster. A re-run of the Bernina Express panoramic coaches with the new markings (as two packs), another batch of Allegras and one of the 4w open observation cars. Production planned for January. Definitely want the observation and the Allegra, wouldn't mind the coaches either!

A follow-up on the RhB releases.

The Bernina Express will have different numbers and come as a stand alone pair of coach packs, rather than bundled with an Allegra like the last one. The second of the packs includes one of the open observation cars. So if you want a pair of them you need the BEx expansion pack and the single car. I've pre-ordered those and just have to hope that EMS still works and the pound hasn't crashed much further by then. I do want the Allegra and the other half of the BEx but can't afford them all in one month, hopefully they'll hang around until February at least.

I am a little puzzled as I've never associated the open cars with the panoramic stock. Most videos and photos I've seen have them running between conventional coaches, or at the end of a train. Often they have a couple of old 4w goods vans coupled behind them, as the operating rules state that there need to be four axles between the open cars and the rearmost pantograph (to protect the passengers from anything which might fall off). So either coupling a bogie coach, a pair of four wheelers or a pair of vans behind them satisfies this requirement without having to rearrange the train at a terminus.

16 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

The HO coaches will be nice, they're almost impossible to find on yahoo auctions now

I might grab a couple of these too and hope they see fit to do some Oha 47s shortly after.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GCS said:

Still no Orange TGV 😑

Maybe they are planning to release it for one of next year's anniversaries. Either the one of the world record in February or the opening of the first stretch of LGV Sud Est in September.

• Like 1

Toploaders and Blue cab forklifts, 1 each of the Hiaces for me. 

The EH500 and Hannover tram are in my cart for deliberation.

• Like 1

Yeah the vans are very welcomed indeed.... I missed the police vans the last time round so not gonna miss it again this time! Looking at the picture carefully:

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/product/images/202008311927155f4cd08306669/toyota_police_m.jpg

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/product/images/202008311927285f4cd0909e9f0/toyota_enbus_m.jpg
https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/car

It looks to be different from the previous models where there are only one special ones out of 3 generic ones, and costs about 1000 yen more... there also seems to be a special new one in yellow that was not featured before in the previous models... interesting... 

Though it would be great if they also re-did their Hiace long type with the 3 variants... 

12 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yeah the vans are very welcomed indeed.... I missed the police vans the last time round so not gonna miss it again this time! Looking at the picture carefully:

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/product/images/202008311927155f4cd08306669/toyota_police_m.jpg

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/kato-model/product/images/202008311927285f4cd0909e9f0/toyota_enbus_m.jpg
https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/car

It looks to be different from the previous models where there are only one special ones out of 3 generic ones, and costs about 1000 yen more... there also seems to be a special new one in yellow that was not featured before in the previous models... interesting... 

Though it would be great if they also re-did their Hiace long type with the 3 variants... 

I only ordered the top set. I don't know what the specials in the second set are. Any gueses?

If I'm reading it correctly, this is actually a new run of the ED19.  I believe this version has different vent locations compared to the last run.  Nice to see kato doing variation in addition to a rerelease of a previous product.

15 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I only ordered the top set. I don't know what the specials in the second set are. Any gueses?

Looking at the picture here, the yellow one is new... Although Tomytec recently did one like this too, but Tomytec's Nissan and Kato's Toyota ~

• Like 1
On 9/6/2020 at 7:57 AM, Kiha66 said:

If I'm reading it correctly, this is actually a new run of the ED19.  I believe this version has different vent locations compared to the last run.  Nice to see kato doing variation in addition to a rerelease of a previous product.

Too bad we don't get Numbers for all six build Machines.