Taking apart a KATO TGV PSE car

enosuomynona

enosuomynona

I am looking to repaint a KATO TGV PSE 4 car add-on set to the TGV la Ligne de Coeur colors and having a hard time figuring out how to take the cars part.  I have lots of experience taking the engine apart, but never tried to take a car apart in the past and don't want to accidentally breaking it.  I tried to search on-line to see if there are any postings on this topic, but only able to find instructions on taking the engine apart.  I was wondering if anyone have any experience disassemble one of these cars and if there are any instructions out there you can share.

Thanks.

If the PSE is the same design as POS, Thalys, Euromed then do the followings:

1) Peel the black side piece apart with your thumbnail. You can run your nail around the compartment if necessary.  You can ignore the other black piece that hold the wheels.

2) With two hands, hold the compartment upside down to reveal the underbelly.

3) Use both of you thumb nails to gently peel the respective sides, start from center as it can afford more space and run you nail back and forth.

4) Take a picture of all the functions before pulling the insides out.

5) Start painting.

enosuomynona

I did not know that there was an add-on set for the Ligne de Coeur set...

Rich K.

FMR Productions in Switzerland did produced some Ligne de Coeur add-on sets based on the TGV PSE back in 2008, but it is currently not available.  They also produced other versions of TGV, such as TGV La Poste, TGV V150, and others.  Here is the website: http://www.fmrprod.net/FMRProductions/category/modele/tgv/

Thanks.

enosuomynona

If the PSE is the same design as POS, Thalys, Euromed then do the followings:

1) Peel the black side piece apart with your thumbnail. You can run your nail around the compartment if necessary.  You can ignore the other black piece that hold the wheels.

2) With two hands, hold the compartment upside down to reveal the underbelly.

3) Use both of you thumb nails to gently peel the respective sides, start from center as it can afford more space and run you nail back and forth.

4) Take a picture of all the functions before pulling the insides out.

5) Start painting.

Hi to2leo,

Thank you for the information.  The design for the PSE is a little different then the POS, Thalys, and Euromed, but it is still useful.  Instead of taking the black ends off first, I followed your steps 2 and 3, and did help taking the bottom of the car off.  It turns out each of the black end is hold together to the car by two latches and if I had tried to force the ends off I would have snap the latches off.  Now the bottom of the car is off I can unclick the two latches and completely disassemble the car for painting.

Thanks again.

enosuomynona

• Like 1
waldoman33

hello,

Nice to meet everyone (is that correct etiquette?), I have seen some great information on this site, so I joined.

Thanks to everyone who has posted info useful to me, especially that bit about how to get the eurostar bodyshell off.

Thanks for the link to the FMR site, they present some wonderful trains, does anyone know if they sell? I could see no pricing or sale information on their website. Occasionally the tgv la poste or the lldc 4-car add-on appear on ebay, but not very often.

Thanks and regards,