Invitation: Shorten the time to christmas ...

SONIC883_de

... with some small tasks.

Every year we do at IG nippoN some small task to shorten the time of waitng fro Santa. The tasks starts on the first advent and will during a week.

I hope that some people have fun with us.

Guests are allow to write in this sub-board

http://forum.ig-nippon.org/viewforum.php?f=35

Here the board of the last year.

http://forum.ig-nippon.org/viewforum.php?f=30

regards,

Kai

CaptOblivious

Oh, that looks like a fun way to pass the time! I've got my hands full preparing my Christmas/New Year's layout, so I don't have time to participate in something like that. But what a great idea!

Sure, you can write in english. It is mainly a german toungh board, but we have the Guestboard, were english is welcome. When you need help with the german buttons in the forums, please let me know. The most of us can understand english, but the  grammar and our vocabulary  isn't very well.

I try to write the To-Do's understandable like 'Take a chirstmasphoto of your favorite train' or something.

All task should be doable at one evening, maybe one or two evenings more and with less money.

It is only for fun. Some crazy (yes, my favorite will come on Nov, 30.  :P see attached files) and some really easy task will come. It is to hold the community together.

This is the third year we do this tasks. The first two years I have bought some winning/prices for each task. A book, a DVD, ... with a japanese or train theme. But there were only 2 people who do the tasks. That was a little bit frustrating and the prices get always the same people  :'( 

post-78-13569922038379_thumb.jpg

post-78-13569922039413_thumb.jpg

post-78-13569922040451_thumb.jpg

Hi,

the first advent is here - same with the first task!

BAKE A STEAM LOCO!

Is isn't of intresst from which country the steamo is. Try to catch the charme of a steamloco in a cake. All parts should be eatable!

The task will end at 2008.12.06 11:53pm GMT

Here is the Thread for this task

http://forum.ig-nippon.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=368

Feel free to post there - english is welcome! Send your photos of the cakes to info@ig-nippon.org and I will attach them to the topic

regards

Kai

Kai - never view your site before dinner ;D   The cookies look great and now I have the urge to eat a sugar cookies. My German is terrible, so who made the steam engine on the website? And what is the next task?

The trains here and in the thread above are my work.

Next step for the steamo is to do the basic paint with dark chocolate and then add some details with sugar paint.

The loco has a lengh over 35 cm (the paper above is DIN A4, near letter format) additional is a tender and a small waggon.

The size is dificult to build a loco. It is too big and the cookie is broken in 3 parts....

Maybe I found some time today to go on with it. In the moment I am at work