Buildling a T Gauge Layout

bill937ca

Building a T Gauge layout with mountains, trees and building a condo with transparent plastic sheets using a T Gauge building as a model. Masking tape is applied, the building is painted and masking tape is removed for windows.

http://www.wcv.jp/~springyear-55/sub45.html

His most recent update is only a few days ago, so I don't think he's finished yet

I don't know how he does it since a lot of the things he's doing on the layout are made from scratch. I have to remind myself that it's smaller than "Z scale".

That photo really puts it into perspective! Most of his perspective shots are next to a Japanese coin and since it's not international I lose a little of the scale. (meaning I know the difference in size from a US silver dollar to a dime but not to yen)

Can you image doing any wiring on something that small? I don't even know how z scalers manage to put decoders in their trains. I'm staying with N. ;)

CaptOblivious

I knew that T was small—how could I not?—but seeing a 20m T carriage next to a similar N carriage really brought it home. Yow.

BTW, A 500 yen coin is pretty big, somewhere about a half-dollar in size.

I knew that T was small—how could I not?—but seeing a 20m T carriage next to a similar N carriage really brought it home. Yow.

BTW, A 500 yen coin is pretty big, somewhere about a half-dollar in size.

I have two sets of T-scale trains and man once you own them they are wild. Still trying to get mine to ruin right. It's still neat to see that I can fit an entire 4'x8' layout on a sheet of paper.