Executive decision time

Okay so according to HW order shipped 14/1 it is now the 2/3 i emailed them asking about mail investigation and they just replied you agreed to sal terms ....

anyway email could have been more polite.

So I am thinking of re-ordering the items through hs now as I am stuck and seems likely the order is not coming on ems this time too haha.

Think it's worth waiting anylonger as these items are vital to the continuation of my project

Well, it's not always simple to be polite in a language you don't master very much.

I think to that you should wait a bit more, at least until the end of this month. After that, it would be safe to assume your package has been lost.

Martijn Meerts

Trying to track a lost package is hard enough even with a tracking number. Tracking a package shipped with a service like SAL is a nightmare...

I had a package once that got lost, was shipped form Germany to Norway using DHL (so, with a tracking number.) According to tracking it was at the post office. I even got a pickup notice for it. Went to the post office, but nothing there. They claimed it was at a different post office, but nothing there either. After a certain minimum amount of time required to file a complaint, I filled out a form about the last package, and had to include a TON of documents and whatnot. In the end, I got a letter from the postal service saying they didn't have the package. The sender also asked DHL to check it out, but they said they had delivered the package to where it should be delivered (in their case, the Norwegian customs office it seems.)

Some 3-4 months later, the sender got a notice from DHL of an undelivered package. It turned out to be the one he sent to me, which somehow was found again and returned to sender.

Basically, if a package ends up in the wrong spot in package storage facility, they're just not able to find it, since those facilities are HUGE. It's the whole needle in a haystack thing.

Keitaro,

Did you pay for it with Paypal?  If so, did you check there terms?

I hope your package comes mate.  I'm also in Australia.  I've had SAL delivered from HK, China, Japan and USA.  Luckily nothing gone astray, but I always use my business address.  If I were you I would go to the local PO anyway and check.  Sometimes you don't get the little red Aussie Post card to say its arrived.

Wishing you all the best.

The_Ghan

Thanks Ghan,

Yeah I had to Work address. I had them check and i calle dth local postoffice here near work to check. Nothing unfortunately.

yeah doesn't look like hw will resend it for me. They advised me because of floods in nsw there are delays.....

On a better note i just got the kiha 91 has been shipped email. paid monday morning so took em long enought to ship haha.

Got on ems so hopefully here on monday next week or tuesday.

Tracking numbers often don't mean much anyway, some parcels sent from the USA with a tracking number only bring up one entry before I receive them, and that only says the local PO in the US is expecting to receive the item.

yeah but they scan every box these days at customs so they should be able to confirm if it is at least in aus jpn still or some other country.

Like any intl package you send it has a declaration on it which they should be able to find out where it was last scanned

Floods in NSW are only west of the great divide, mate.  Unless you are in those parts it won't affect you.  The post is flown from Narita to Sydney.

Cheers

The_Ghan

perhaps maybe it was stuck in egypt for 2 weeks then headed to Libya and now it's stuck there until things settle.  If that is the case then i may not see it ever or for atleast a few months.

Hope it doesn't get bombed :(

Im still betting you converted some guy in the mail room to japanese trains and he now knows what HS and HW boxes now look like!

seriously, though, its a real bummer a box went poof. although i have never had one not show up, i can see how it can happen now and then. i am amazed at the volumes postal services do (in the billions per month im sure) and the fact im pretty much batting 1000. even with tracking numbers im sure a few boxes end up in the wrong bin/place/address, etc and some finding them is just not into wanting to make sure they get back into the system.

still hard to know if it was japan post or australia post that may have mislaid/misdelivered the package, i guess even the mail room. years ago in berkley i had a package go poof at UC berkeley's mail room the day of the loma prieta earthquake. tracking all kosher up to their door, signed in on their system interlay, then poof. they just shrugged.

im still hoping that it pops up for you in the next few weeks, although if you have already reordered thats a bitch...

i have always figure that some of the savings from using SAL will go into sort of a self insurance fund to cover if i ever get a lost package. so far i have been lucky, but if one ends up going poof ill just have to chalk it up to the self insurance fund.

btw, ive had 4 or 5 shipments come to the us sal in the last week or two and all have been right on the usual 2 week mark.

cheers

jeff

yeah I know  sal orders I had shiped on 

6th jan arrived < 2 weeks     

14th didn't come 

18th arrived 2 weeks     

25th arrived < 2 weeks

12th feb arrived 2 weeks

So there is definately something fishy I really do beleive it is not going to arrive now I called the local post office near work and depot the mail would go to I got reffered to by post office nothing.

I figure I will reorder on ems if the package does one day arrive at least I have spares or for a later project.

It went to "Austria" instead of "Australia" ... I had it happen several times when I lived in Japan.

Hope you get it soon.

Cheers

The_Ghan

so i didn't want to wait and i re-ordered the items plus a few extras on ems

i if the parcel ever comes i can use for spares/future projects :)

paid already and hoping it gets shipped tonight for a fri/monday delivery.

rofl ... I saw your thread at the top of the list and I thought, "I bet his missing package has arrived".  There you go!  I'm glad you've got it.  Now I'm missing one from Canada .... been 5 weeks now! Ho-hum!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Expansion tiime, who needs a dining room table?!

hey great to hear it finally showed up. the package probably took a vacation to Hawaii first!

cheers

jeff

So yeah today I got the missing package lol

Only took 9 weeks .... Oh well spares for next project.

I hate to tell you this, but 56 days is within SAL service standards I have seen. I'm calculating it at 7  days/week (7 x 9 =56), but the post office might use 5 or 6 per week--which means they still have more time!!