GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

11 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Pretty nice indeed! I'm loving the promotional videos that GM is making for these special trains like the Tsudoi and Symphony...  Pretty steep in price though... 

• Like 2

Exclusive limited items from Greenmax for Crosspoint

Shizuoka Railway A3000 series (Greenmax 10444)

Can only be obtained through Yahoo Auction https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/gm-store-web/10444.html (and presumably at the store itself)

To be released on 17 September with limited quantities.

Seems to be for display only as only the first cars are included? So at least you can model this lineup. I guess if you buy 2 you can model all of the trains since they should have 1 color only?

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Seems to be for display only as only the first cars are included? So at least you can model this lineup. I guess if you buy 2 you can model all of the trains since they should have 1 color only?

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty, in the sky...  😛

You could get 2 of them but the motor is missing ....  

7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That Tobu painted train is pretty interesting! 

yes and unfortunately for my wallet priced accordingly! 

jeff

On 9/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, Yavianice said:

Bit on the fence of it personally. 42500 yen is very steep...

Who pays list price? You can also just buy the basic set...

5 hours ago, disturbman said:

Who pays list price? You can also just buy the basic set...

That’s not the point. I was comparing it to the list prices of other brands. Green max is expensive as always.

also the cheapest would be to buy the KATO version and spray it yourself like this guy did.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2

That's a really nice livery, but I am becoming disillusioned with the Greenmax detailing and their truck-mounted Rapido couplers at that price point.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

also the cheapest would be to buy the KATO version and spray it yourself like this guy did.

That’s not counting the labor involved and the extra set for the oops! 

wonderful work. It looks like there was some good published artwork they could work from. Even then getting it all messed up to the actual set is a lot of work.

greenmax is expensive but it’s small runs and harder liveries like, so going to be more expensive.

jeff

@Yavianice I don't see the point of focusing on the list price when nobody will ever pay it or will even see it in shops. Yes, JPY 35,000 or 33,000 is a bit much. But relatively expected for this kind of product from Greenmax. JPY 17,500 or 16,000 (not list) for the base 4-car set is totally in their norm.

I find your focus on the list price a bit disingenuous. We all know Greenmax is more expensive than Kato or Tomix. When you quoted JPY 42,500, I actually thought that that was the price the set was going to be sold for.

Edited by disturbman

@Yavianice I'm not offended, just annoyed at the tone of your answer, the way you told me "it was not the point" when you actually never made the point yourself.

But I'll admit that my initial answer could have be better phrased. Re-reading it now, I can see how it could misinterpreted. I have been overworked these past few weeks and my brain seem to have taken a few corners when I answered you. Resulting in short and perhaps snarky answer.

I really don't think that JPY 33,000 (by AmiAmi pricing) for a 10-car painted train is that expensive all considered. It's in the range of what you will pain for non-painted Greenmax trains.

It really boils down to if you want to spend the money on greenmax trains. they make good trains and a number of things you cant get elsewhere, so if its worth it to you then thats fine. I doubt greenmax is gouging, just their cost of doing business being small. but if too much for you then dont buy it.

lets let this rest now.

jeff

Green Max also announced the Tobu 8500 series for January 2021 as a Cross Point exclusive.

Note that this is a painted kit. It does include a motor but it does not include any kind of lighting.

10447/10448 Tokyu Electric Railway 8500 series split formation type 5 car formation total set

http://www.gm-store.co.jp/Product_outline/product_outline_cp10447-10448.pdf

Edited by Yavianice
2 hours ago, disturbman said:

I think mine is going to utter the same groan. We should make a choir.

Please include me, cause mine could probably reach those high pitches  😛

Das Steinkopf

Don’t worry boys I’m just as screwed as the rest of you, I’m happy that the 211-6000 Series is being rereleased, I had canceled the original release for May this year due my work hours and salary reduced during a 3 month lockdown period starting in late March. Recently though I decided to take the plunge into adding a private railway to the Tōkaido Honsen layout that I am about to start building, the Meitetsu releases are going to burn a whole in my pocket as I have ordered the 2 car powered 3100 Series in regular livery and both of the 1800 Series in new livery. I have already started the fleet with a recent acquisition of a 3700 Series pictured below and a 2 car 6000 Series in the pipeline for November.

EB05FE66-9B09-48AE-979C-1AC694FDF7BF.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 3