GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

The train has a high gloss paint job, it is definitely blue, only appears brown due to ballast reflection and poor color balance of screen/photographs.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

with table lighting and advertised compatibility with tomix interior lighting. Will this be a turning point for green max to make models for people that like interior lighting but do not want to paint everything?

I am curious of your statement.  Don't Greenmax already come with Tomix interior lighting compatibility for their completed models already?  Their kits and Evos series do not.

Sorry for the question.  I just feeling like I either missed something or misunderstood the statement.

9 hours ago, katoftw said:

I am curious of your statement.  Don't Greenmax already come with Tomix interior lighting compatibility for their completed models already?  Their kits and Evos series do not.

My green max e653 doesn’t have interior lighting compatibility with Tomix lights nor is the plastic thick enough to not let any light shine through the body. Now that it comes with interior table lamps lighting I hope this has changed for both this model and future models. And that in the product description they mention that Tomix light is optional, I hope they have a bracket for it now too.

Edited by Yavianice
56 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Are all your other GM models the same? I don't have any GM models to compare.

The E653 was the first, and last, GM model that I purchased for this reason. But if future GM models will have the things listed above, then I'll get more. After a lot of masking tape and finicky-ing, I managed to install interior lighting in my E653. This is the result

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Yavianice said:

The E653 was the first, and last, GM model that I purchased for this reason. But if future GM models will have the things listed above, then I'll get more. After a lot of masking tape and finicky-ing, I managed to install interior lighting in my E653. This is the result

I think you'll find this isn't common for GM.

You did a good job adding the lights though.

• Like 1

I'd been hoping for a SSL 220/200 series rerelease!  This will make a great birthday present to myself.  😁

• Like 1
On 4/2/2019 at 1:44 AM, Kiha66 said:

I'd been hoping for a SSL 220/200 series rerelease!  This will make a great birthday present to myself.  😁

I only ordered the 1 car Kiha 220 in red.  Due to the cost, I couldn't warrant the 2 car sets.

And to be honest, I'd prefer a Kiha 66/67 set in SSL colours over a Kiha 220 set.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:24 AM, Yavianice said:

It may have been a pain but that looks great!

6 hours ago, katoftw said:

And to be honest, I'd prefer a Kiha 66/67 set in SSL colours over a Kiha 220 set.

I agree, but I already have a few 66/67 models in SSL and since I also rode the 220 series when I was in Nagasaki I'm using that as my excuse to justify getting one.  If I ever make an omura line modular layout it'll be nice to have at least one of the 220 type for variety. 

Yes finally i can have a motorised Kiha220 in SSL color! 

One bad thing is, there doesnt seem to have a Kiha220 in SSL color as a single car set... the double car sets often have missing directional lights on one end of the carriage and that kinda sucks especially when connecting with other Kihas like the Kiha66 or 200s...most evident when running as a one car consist...

I'm starting to feel relieved GreenMax isn't doing something that I really like...  😓 

Hope they keep it that way..   🙂

2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Kintetsu 16200 series blue symphony

Good to see that they have made the body thicker so the light does not shine through

It is a bit tempting, I must admit. 

I'm sort of in a weird position in that I'm open to the idea of getting another train, but my layout will not really support a passenger train with more than three coaches. So this looks like the best option. I like the lights, and I like the blue colour. But everyone's comments about GM, and the price, do give pause for thought.

Edited by Sheffie

Ordered the Green Max 50625, and am happy to report that the light situation is much much better than my Green Max E653. It doesn't let light shine through. So maybe Green Max finally has its act together.

The train does still have a bit more flimsier feeling than say, tomix or kato. But it's getting there. Also the Green Max 50625 has brackets for Tomix light. So no more glue-ing or double sided taping required. Yay. Though the light bars do not fit perfectly and are at somewhat of an angle. And the holes for the light springs are way off in the motor car.

One small step for Green Max, one, normal thing to do for Tomix and KATO...

• Like 1