GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

18 hours ago, katoftw said:

You got the older block box motor units or the newer coreless motor units?

The older ones most likely, the model was apparently released in 2013.

Just now, gavino200 said:

It’s equal parts awesome and hideous.

LOL.  I like 103 series trains and Osaka based trains.    I put my pre-order in.  

I had been trolling Japanese auction sites but everyone thought they were worth 33000 yen or more (that was the start) and when I tried to contact them to make a 25000 yen max offer they never would get back to me.  They better unload them quickly before they hit the market again

47 minutes ago, chadbag said:

JR 103 "Osaka Power Loop" is being re-released in October, per Hobby Search.  This is cool if you like the themed liveries.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10463436

I just got my watch list email from HS and preordered. I was going to share but you beat me too it.

And I am all for colorful liveries! 

5 minutes ago, katoftw said:

4 car 103 series for the Nara line for me.

Interesting, is the 6-car for the Yamatoji line? But ouch 20k for 4 cars... 

• Like 1
On 5/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, JR 500系 said:

Amazed at that 819 series! And yes, I will be ordering it!

Do nt blame you Sammy,it’s beautifull👍😀

10 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Do nt blame you Sammy,it’s beautifull👍😀

Haha yes but it's still not out for pre-orders yet ~~ 

Rough times before the end of the month, with the pre-orders pouring in, mainly from Tomix, like the KIHA120-300 (Sanko Line/Sanko Line Kagurago) Set, Odakyu 4000, 209 series BBBase, Kato's 521 series etc... Luckily MA pulled the brakes on that 811 series.... 

• Haha 1

Yeah crazy prices on those sets... I mean, almost 28k over for a 4-car set on that Dencha? That's almost 7000 yen per car!

They must be buying blue paint at $1000USD per litre.

Cos the few pantograph area roof changes and under carriage changes cannot explain the  1500 yen per car price increase over the last released 817 series.  Especially considering the bogies, body shell and chassis have already be designed and didn't require new tooling.

Something I don't quite get, did the 4-car set have 2 separate consist (2-car set each) with directional lighting on both sets, i.e. 4 directional lighting? If it doesn't, it really doesn't justify the fact that one has to pay 11,700 yen more. Even if there is (I would assume there is cause the picture shows a Bold line running across both sets to signify lighting?) 11,700 yen more for just lighting is quite a huge price to pay...

Why not top up 5200yen more to get another consist that has a motor and can run separately? Now I don't really know if I will pre-order this... given that it is so expensive and my current situation... 

7 hours ago, katoftw said:

They must be buying blue paint at $1000USD per litre.

Cos the few pantograph area roof changes and under carriage changes cannot explain the  1500 yen per car price increase over the last released 817 series.  Especially considering the bogies, body shell and chassis have already be designed and didn't require new tooling.

Hey, at least adding those ugly, rough prototype model pictures to the new poster makes it look like it's something completely new, never been there before. 🤑

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, JR 500系 said:

Something I don't quite get, did the 4-car set have 2 separate consist (2-car set each) with directional lighting on both sets, i.e. 4 directional lighting? If it doesn't, it really doesn't justify the fact that one has to pay 11,700 yen more. Even if there is (I would assume there is cause the picture shows a Bold line running across both sets to signify lighting?) 11,700 yen more for just lighting is quite a huge price to pay...

Why not top up 5200yen more to get another consist that has a motor and can run separately? Now I don't really know if I will pre-order this... given that it is so expensive and my current situation... 

Dang GreenMax you are cheeky hiding this in the text... 

[Product features]
- We produce a cooler with a new metal mold, under the floor equipment including the body structure, the roof structure of the pantagraph part with different details from the 817 series, the underfloor equipment including the characteristic blue large storage battery.
- The front curtain turns on with the white LED and the route name / type / destination of 3 color LED specification is printed.
- By adopting a power unit with a coreless motor with a flywheel, stable traveling is possible.
- Precisely printed various vehicle body notation including vehicle number, JR mark, corporate mark logo
- Glass of through-through door has printed patterns according to actual car
- Train radio antenna, Signal Flame Tube express monolithic sculpture
- Lightning arrester, roof top AC equipment installed
- Headlights (white) and taillights (red) light up while driving (lights on the front located in the middle part of the 4-car train are not lit)
- New production of a destination display sticker for 819 series (side direction curtain, recording priority seat)
- The approximate shape of the trolley (using DT 50), some under the floor equipment omitted

Not exactly what the poster stated:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10552129/30/2

Remind me what's the advantage of the 4-car set again?  ??? 

Edited by JR 500系
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Remind me what's the advantage of the 4-car set again?  ??? 

Different running numbers. If i see it correctly, all 6 (2+4) cars have different running numbers. Both variants have 2 headlights and 1 motor car. If you want 3 two car sets, then getting an extra motor chassis and two extra headlights will get you (in price) approximately where getting two of the two car set would land you, except the running numbers will differ.

25 minutes ago, kvp said:

Different running numbers. If i see it correctly, all 6 (2+4) cars have different running numbers. Both variants have 2 headlights and 1 motor car. If you want 3 two car sets, then getting an extra motor chassis and two extra headlights will get you (in price) approximately where getting two of the two car set would land you, except the running numbers will differ.

Interesting.. not a huge fan of prototypical running numbers, but would you happen to know which motor chassis to get and which light parts to get? I never figured out about the light parts and how the 21m or 20m or 19m motor chassis works...