GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

The couplers look more cosmetic than they do operable, I swapped out the drawbar fittings on my KiHa 75's with TN's and found the Greenmax coupler was only for looks and not for use when I tested them.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

The Odakyu 1000 series in Rhätische Bahn red livery looks great. I didn't even know this existed until I saw it at Hakone-Yumoto last month. 

The price is quite hefty though. 

Martijn Meerts

Would be fun if that was a kit, and all the dots are separate stickers which you have to stick on 1 by 1 ;)

Edited by Martijn Meerts
  • Like 1

I thought that was covered by the E - vs. a D

It's a private rail locomotive that doesn't have to comply with JR standards, so that's why you can also see designations like DeKi and the like (Denki Kikansha), which basically means Electric Locomotive.

• Like 1

from NGI

GREENMAX 2016第56回全日本模型ホビーショー パネル&試作品展示リスト

2016第56回全日本模型ホビーショー「GREENMAX」パネル&試作品リストです。

002001_3.jpg

002002_2.jpg

002003_2.jpg

002004_2.jpg
(東京ビッグサイト西3・4ホールにてNGI撮影 9/23)

2016第56回全日本模型ホビーショーは25日まで開催されていますので、お近くの方は是非お立ち寄りください。
画像レポートは27日頃にUPしますm(__)m

以下パネル&試作品展示リストです。

パネル&試作品展示リスト
京王8000系 (パネル)
東武634型「スカイツリートレイン」 (パネル)
小田急1000形(赤)/小田急1000形+クヤ31 (パネル)
腕木式信号機/二灯式信号機 (パネル)
東武50050型(前期形・新ロゴマーク付き・窓改造後)
東武50090型フライング東上号リバイバルカラー
西武9000系(9107編成・ベンチレータ撤去後)
西武9000系(9108編成・L-train)
近鉄5200系(更新車・2250系塗装)
近鉄8600系(後期形)
JR103系(関西形・分散冷房車・大阪環状線・モリ26編成)
近鉄12410系(現行塗装/新塗装・喫煙ルーム付き)
E653系1000番代いなほ(ヘッドマーク付き)
京急新1000形ステンレス車(SRアンテナ付き・台座無し/台座有り)
秩父鉄道7500系
腕木式信号機
二灯式信号機

Also noticed what looks like a new larger apartment/condo building in one of Nariichi's photos from the all Japan hobby and model show. Similar structure and exterior stairs to the old tomixbut larger and more unique footprint. Hope it can come apart by floor like the old one to make it larger! wonder if it will be kit or prebuilt? Nice

https://www.facebook...?type=3

Jeff

• Like 1

Ouch that Tobu... no.... after the sort-off successful running away from MA... Greenmax had to move in that direction....   :(  Why do they have to make trains so nice...

Edited by JR 500系

Sorry for a repost for something that boggles me again... Here is the question before:

I have a question guys:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392860

Green Max is releasing a core-less motor, apparently useable on various models. This might get interesting as we can now motorised add-on set that do not have motors and allow them to move on their own consist... They have lengths of:

10392855b.jpg 

1) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392858   [ 5713 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (18m Class)

2) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392859  [ 5714 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (18.5m Class)

3) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392860  [ 5715 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (20m Class }

4) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392855  [ 5711 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (20m Class A)

5) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392857  [ 5712 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (21m Class)

Along with various bogie and under-chassis parts for them...

This is confusing, so how would we know which length of motor is workable with which type of trains? How about the corresponding bogie and under-chassis part to get? Anyone can shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

So, say if I want to add in one more motor, in particular, for my Tomix E233-0 series and my Tomix E231-1000 series (both are 10 car sets with only one motor car and they tend to suffer at climbs), which motor is compatible with this? I do know Tomix also have them, but they are all out of production...

• Like 1

Generally you find bogie distances, bogie axle distances and bogie frame types in the datasheets of the real trains, mostly on the japanese wikipedia. Tomytec also tends to supply this info along their motorizing kits and scans are usually on the net.

For adding more motors, it's best to use the same type of motor for both cars as different types usually have different mechanical and electrical characteristics (different gearing and motors), so they will fight each other if run in analog operation. (or require complex nonlinear calibration with digital decoders) The mounting points for Tomix motors are different than for Greemax ones, so some cutting and gluing might be required and the bogie sideframes still won't match. So it's best to replace or extend each type with their own motor kits, even between Tomytec and Tomix. (it could be very frustrating to bash a not fully matching Tomytec motor into a Tomytec shell that was not meant for it, not to mention between Tomix and Greenmax)

• Like 1

i thought coreless motor units would place their motor inside the undercarriage.. so the interior could be filled with seats.

also those motors are incompatible for Tomix's CL.

new_release_201610_02.jpg

For the Meitetsu lovers

new_release_201610_01.jpg

JR Kyushu lovers and Keihan lovers... And that lovely lovely Tobu 634 series that also have a 'lovely' price tag....

• Like 1

Oohhh... The Tōbu Skytree Train just looks so awesome! I'm getting really excited about the 6050 Series in general the more I look at them. Such interesting operational patterns and the vast distances they travel is also interesting. Riding on them is also a pleasure with their distinctive sound, though they have low seats with not much legroom. I've never seen the Skytree Train, much less ridden on it, but it also operates on a quite interesting pattern from time to time (even on the Noda line from Ōmiya to Asakusa Kita-senjū).

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 1

Oohhh... The Tōbu Skytree Train just looks so awesome! I'm getting really excited about the 6050 Series in general the more I look at them. Such interesting operational patterns and the vast distances they travel is also interesting. Riding on them is also a pleasure with their distinctive sound, though they have low seats with not much legroom. I've never seen the Skytree Train, much less ridden on it, but it also operates on a quite interesting pattern from time to time (even on the Noda line from Ōmiya to Asakusa).

Me think so too, Toni... but that price... for a 4-car... is quite... intimidating... Well, at least it is better priced than MA I guess. It also seems that this train has observation windows on the top to view that towering sky tree, so it is quite different from the normal Tobu 6050 series...

I'm still thinking if I should go for it,... since I have quite a fleet of Tobu trains already and this would be great with the Tokyo Sky Tree model which I have... But obviously the Sky tree probably wont make it to the table top layout since it is too tall...  :P

I have been resisting those 817s for months.  The last lot were a couple of hundred yen cheaper.  And now I'm about to buckle.  Up goes the price. Grrrr!

I like the design of the front of the Keihan 3000, but that price is just way too much. I don't have much to do with the Keihan heavy rail lines anyway, so it may be for the best to leave it at that.

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

I like the design of the front of the Keihan 3000, but that price is just way too much. I don't have much to do with the Keihan heavy rail lines anyway, so it may be for the best to leave it at that.

Likewise, I am quite content with hanging around the Otsu area as it has a certain charm to it, if I was going to do any private mainline around Kansai it would definitely be Hankyu before any other.

Green max went crazy today with their release spree!

new_release_201611_04.jpg

new_release_201611_03.jpg

new_release_201611_02.jpg

new_release_201611_01.jpg

I was almost going to call myself lucky to be able to avoid all these until these lovely Rillakuma Keiyu caught my little painted train eye....

Ohhh that glorious Rilakkuma Keikyu train... :love10:  

Yes very tempting indeed!

But...

I will...

not...

start....

on Keikyu...

no.....

Maybe get this as a consolation for myself to stir away from that Keikyu? I am a Kintetsu fan also ~   :)