Help! Traction tyre needed!

C62

One of my Micro Ace needs a new tration tyre. I ordered one from the shop where I bought it but after some months waiting I am still without. Is it necessary to send it back to Japan for a warrenty repair? :'(

Where to order Micro Ace spares? Japan Model Railways where I order most of my stuff  (and this loco) tried to order one for me but cant get one. They told me that they never ever needed one. So maybe there are not spares from Micro Ace available. So some suggestions would be most welcome.

Thomas

I've done a little more checking and the word is that Micro Ace does not sell parts.  I've seen trying Kato or Tomix traction tyres as an alternative, because they shouldn't be that much different.

Parts is one of the aspects of the Japanese RR that I haven't been able to find a lot of information on. I still haven't been lucky with my search for extra driving rods on my Kato trains.

I took a look a couple of sources besides Kato, Tomix or MicroAce but I found something on eBay that could help you Thomas. Here is the link, take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/N-Scale-Diesel-Traction-Tires-and-Brushes_W0QQitemZ260314160056QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item260314160056&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

alpineaustralia

I have a bunch of kato traction tyres. If you think it will fit (and i dont see why it shouldnt unless it is a rather large wheel), then I am happy to send you some in the mail?.

Alpineaustralia, thanks a lot for your kind offer!

I am not sure wether the Kato ones are big enough. The loco I need it for has driving wheels with 1750mm (thats the real one, not the model), the biggest driving wheels used on Japanese locos.

Do you think it could fit?

Thomas

alpineaustralia

Tney arfe the ones that fit the drive wheels on any of the shinkansen motor cars.

Do you have any shinkansen that you can look at ?

They are descibed on the packet as being 4mm diameter x 1mm wide (although they really look 2mm wide to me).

If the diameter of the wheels you are talking about are 1750mm in reality, then their scale size would be 11.66mm (at a scale of 1/150) or 10.94mm  (at a scale of 1/160), so I am thinking they probably wont fit.

Today I could put the C62 back into the service. I purchased Roco 85610 traction tyres. It worked! As most classes of JNR express steam locos have 1750mm driving wheels these tyres should fit MicroAce C51, C53, C57, C59, C60, C61 and C62.

Thomas