a band called Motorman

miyakoji

Ah, you mean "Super Bell'z". Yeah, they do electro songs about railway lines and trains in Japan. The MOTOR MAN Series was about the thoughts and commands of the train driver of a particular line.

The first release was called MOTER MAN, incorrectly spelled, but in later releases they changed it to MOTO(e)R MAN to mock their own mistake. Their latest releases are however correctly spelled.

They don't only do music, but are also quite often seen at railway and model train related venues. So, that makes 'em quite a phenomenon in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bell%22Z

Shashinka posted one of their most popular songs: Keihin Kyûkô VVVF, about the competition with JR East's Tôkkaidô Main-line and the special 120km/h section between Yokohama and Shinagawa station. (I was about to post that :P )

P.s. Yes, they also did the music for the anime Tetsuko no Tabi (鉄子の旅), of which, by the way, where can I find that online? I've been looking all over and can't find it at all. There used to be episodes of it everywhere, but they all are lost now ??? (or I'm not looking in the right places)

The second link, which I can no longer sadly find on YouTube was the opening for an anime called Testudo no Tabi, done by Superbell Z. I love this series, sadly it was never released in the US, nor have I found any fan subs of it. I take that back, I found the first episode on a torrent a few years ago.

Thx. For the love of trains I could not find it when I did a search on YT. Tried in both English and Japanese.

I just searched for: "鉄子の旅 OP". Just a standard trick if you want to find an intro/opening to a series "[Title]+OP". Most of the time, you find what you're looking for (as long as it's online).

Didn't work for me. I tried Tetsudo no Tabi OP and ED as well, with only one result, not what I Was looking for but rather a commercial. I had also tried in it kanji with it's proper title. As for the episodes go, I may have to just download the RAR and fan sub them myself.

SUPER BELL”Z 野月貴弘! At last some else has heard of them outside of Japan. Loaded up on my IPOD along with recordings of JR trains and Station jingles:

Kohsoku Kidoh Minatomi Line (Mirai Tetsudoh Yokokaze No Theme)

Tokyu Tohyoko

Minamida Ga Ippai  -Haikei!! Tetsudoujin Theme Song

Air Train 2 No Theme Complex-Compressor

Kidou Keizi Tsukuban

Motor Man Akita Shinkansen Komachi

Motor Man Rikuu East Line - Oku No Hosomichi Yukemuri Line

Motor Man Yamagata Shinkansen Tsubasa

Motor Man Rifu Branch Line

Motor Man Osaka Kanjou Line Re-Line East (Osaka - Tennouzi)

Motor Man Nagoya Futsuu Inuyama Yuki

Motor Man Enoden

Motor Man Keihinkyuukou VVVF

Motor Man Nanbushisen

Motor Man Yamanote Go . Go!

Motor Man Yamanote Line Loop Complete! SaikyouType

Motor Man (Akihabara - Minamiurawa)

...to name a few.

Best to me is "Air Train 2 No Theme Complex-Compressor" - listen to it on ITUNES as they make music out of train sounds acapella style or "Motor Man Keihinkyuukou VVVF" which uses the relay sounds which you will recognise if you have ever stood next to the control electronics on a KiHa.

Yes - very sad, get a life, etc. but to me just the thing to cheer me up slogging my way to work in a jam on a cold wet winter english morning  :grin

Yes - very sad, get a life, etc. but to me just the thing to cheer me up slogging my way to work in a jam on a cold wet winter english morning  :grin

Not sad at all. IMO it's cool if you enjoy this kind of complex music. I listen to Eurobeat and the like quite often, try to analyse it and your head will explode into candy.