More ridiculousness- HSR

bikkuri bahn

I swear, the U.K. and their cousins across the pond must have the greatest accumulation of selfish nittering nincompoops and nervous nellies on this third rock from the sun.  I bet the Onion has done a parody of this (though the real version is good as is for laughs), likely a couple of years ago already...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-12519735

What's next, home gardeners and knitting clubs worried their hobbies will be unduly disrupted by the big bad train??? (somehow I'm afraid so...)

The problem today is that most of the powerful people over the world (including several politicians) earn their money with oil...

They have no interest of seeing new rail routes.

Like all the technology to build an ecological car exists, but oil people don't really want the public to go green as they can still make a lot of money with fossil fuel for some decades...

Makes me kinda sad.

The proposed high speed rail link between London and Birmingham could damage Northamptonshire's fisheries...The trust is concerned about the detrimental impact of construction and the noise of the trains.

Fisheries affected by train noise?  Now I've really heard everything.

The proposed high speed rail link between London and Birmingham could damage Northamptonshire's fisheries...The trust is concerned about the detrimental impact of construction and the noise of the trains.

Fisheries affected by train noise?  Now I've really heard everything.

No different than the environmentalists I sue to have to deal with a bp solar who complained about the chemicals and mining used to create solar, how windmills kill birds, hydro-electric kiss fish, nuclear has waste issues, petroleum, the air we breath, or geothermal causes sizemnic activity. You have an alternative, someone will have a problem with it, why should HSR or anything else infrastructure related be any different? If someone breaks the laws of thermodynamics and create perpetual motion, someone will take issue with it.