Rakuten and Tenso

The_Ghan

Yikes!  What have I done?  I've just signed up and bought a train on Rakuten using Tenso as the forwarding agent. Have I done the right thing?  Am I ever going to see my train?  I'd like to know if any of you have had experience with this.

Cheers

The_Ghan

CaptOblivious

Rakuten, yes. Good experiences. Tenso, no. Rakuten offers their own in house forwarding service to the US; do they not offer that to Ozzie customers? Or is it just the same thing as Tenso?

Really, it's probably just fine. I have yet to hear of a member here getting scammed by a Japanese retailer.

yes japanese are usaully pretty good china on the other hand i wouldn't trust i'd definately always pay for insured registered post and through pay pal just to be double careful!

I hope for your sake it goes well.. i'm still waiting 4 weeks + for sal now :( i'm getting scared it may be lost in china and up on ebay being resold ....

Argh!  It's all a moot point now.  The retailer on Rakuten won't sell to me.  He only accepts payment from a Japanese bank account.  It seems not even an international transfer will do.  Oh well ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

CaptOblivious

Argh!  It's all a moot point now.  The retailer on Rakuten won't sell to me.  He only accepts payment from a Japanese bank account.  It seems not even an international transfer will do.  Oh well ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

That sucks. But my original question stands: Can you use Rakuten's parcel forwarding system to make this purchase? I would trust it, if it's available to you.

Cap'n,

Apparently not.  I clicked on the button to set up freight forwarding in Rakuten and it took me to the Tenso site.  I didn't go about the process separately.  Rakuten took me there.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I've been using Bigman.  He ships direct, without an agent, but only using EMS.  If you are happy to pay for EMS then I suggest you give him a try.  I've had 3 orders now.  The big thing for me is the 25% discount he offers on many reserve items.  He also takes AMEX.  If he hasn't got what you want in stock just send him an email.  Several times I've done that and he adds the product and emails back the link so that I don't have to go hunting for it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I've had one single experience on Rakuten with Bigman Izu too. Very nice friendly guy. Shipping is rather abit on the high side, but you can expect to get your item within 5 working days... EMS is very fast!